Job Title: Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Employer: Shanklin Day Nursery
Location: 443 London Road,
Pay: £5.28 per hour (increasing to £6.40 as of 01/04/2024)
Daily Hours: Monday to Friday shifts between 7.30am and 6pm.
Total Weekly Hours: 40
Qualification: Level 2 Early Years Practitioner OR Level 3 Early Years Educator
Duration: 16-18 months
Level 2 Units Covered:
· Exploring roles and opportunities
· Supporting SEN or disabilities
· Supporting effective communication
· Supporting health and safety
· Child development up to 7 years
· Working with parents and professionals
· Supporting activities and educational programmes
· Promoting wellbeing
· Safeguarding young children
Level 3 Units Covered:
· Continued professional development
· Speech and language
· Equality and diversity
· Partnership working
· Planning and implementing activities for children
· Learning development, observations, and theories
· Supporting positive behaviour
· Health, safety, and welfare
How an apprenticeship works:
As an Apprentice, you will be employed, just like anyone else at the company, the only difference is that you spend some of your week studying towards a qualification.
Typically, you will have a teams meeting once a month (2-3 hours) with your assigned Trainer Assessor unlike the usual assumption that you will attend college for one day a week. Throughout the month, you will be expected to complete different assignments and independent study as discussed in this meeting in preparation for the next month. Each week, you will spend a minimum of 6 hours in a number of different Training, Learning & Development Activities that all develop your Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours which will be completed in your place of work during your working hours- so no homework!! These 6 hours will be agreed with your manager and can be set as a whole day or split throughout the week, whatever works best for you!
After approximately 6 months, you will be set mock activities by your Trainer Assessor to help you prepare for your End Point Assessment (EPA). This will include Multiple Choice Questions, Presentations of your work and Q&A’s. You will receive lots of one-to-one support to prepare you for this!
CT Skills is always sure to provide full support from your Initial Application to your final EPA! As we are a training provider, all of our vacancies are for immediate start and available all year round, so please consider this when you are applying!
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP, YOU MUST HAVE GRADE 4/C OR ABOVE IN GCSE ENGLISH AND MATHS (OR EQUIVALENT) AND HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
About the employer & website link:
Shanklin Day Nursery and Pre-school in Stoneygate, Leicester is a small, family run day nursery. We have been established since 1994 and provide a loving, stimulating and educational environment for children aged 0-5 years.
Shanklin Day Nursery is open for 51 weeks per year, Monday to Friday 7.30am – 6.00pm (excluding bank holidays).
We offer professional high standards of childcare and education in the Leicester area. This has been reflected in our consistently excellent Ofsted reports and our excellent reputation.
Our experienced and highly qualified staff ensure that every day is fun, interesting, and rewarding at Shanklin Day Nursery.
For more information, please visit https://www.shanklindaynursery.co.uk/
About the role:
You will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting. You will give support to our staff within the setting and work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
Apprenticeships are very demanding as you are working towards a qualification whilst working full time! You will need to be committed and motivated as there is lots of self-guided work involved.
• Team working
• Problem Solving
• Non judgemental
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
· GCSE or equivalent English and Maths grade 4/C or above
· Some childcare experience e.g., babysitting, taking care of younger family members.
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
· Assistant Childminder
· Nursery Assistant
· Nursery Nurse
· Nursery Practitioner
· Early Years Workers
· Early Years Practitioner
Please go to https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Early-Years-Practitioner-Overview-L2.pdf for more information.
INTERESTED? Before you apply….
· Make sure you’ve fully read and understood the advert, the company, and the qualification.
· Are you committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification?
· Do you meet the eligibility criteria?
· Have you explained in your CV/Cover letter why you are applying and what interests you about this qualification?
· Is your CV up to date and relevant to this role? If you need help with this, please use our CV template: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Candidate-CV-Advice-Template-1.docx
What happens next?
If you’re application is successful, you will receive a phone call from our Recruitment Consultant. So, please ensure that this is apprenticeship programme is of interest to you as it will be a minimum 12-month commitment. If you are interested in an apprenticeship but unsure what you would like to do, please contact us for advice: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/contact-us/
Other similar jobs that might interest you