Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Apprenticeship Qualification: Early Years Practitioner Level 2
WHO is it with?
Hollies Day Nursery
Hollies Mapperley Day Nursery
145 Woodthorpe Drive
Monday – Friday (between 7.30am-6pm)
• Have you completed your Level 2 in Early Years?
• Maybe you have started a college course and decided, this is not for me?
• Do you want to learn and earn at the same time?
Apprentices Level 2 Needed!!!
Hollies Day Nurseries are looking for enthusiastic, approachable and fun individuals who are looking for their second step in an Early Years career. You may also be interested in signing up for your Level 3 too?
If you have a desire to make a difference to the youngest of people’s lives, then this could be the right opportunity for you. All successful candidates will be required to complete a suitability declaration and a DBS check.
About The Employer:
We are a family business established over 30 years – we have a qualified, loyal and committed team – all with family values at heart. We started Hollies 30 years ago with the opening of our first nursery in Sherwood and are proud that 3 generations of our family have been able to share the important early developmental stages of thousands of children We now have a chain of 5 nurseries all based across Nottingham.
About the Role (Brief Overview):
You will be working in a small team, delivering exceptional day care. You will be helping build and encourage the children’s confidence through meaningful activities, interactions and planning activities to suit each individual child.
And Day to Day? …. You will be Responsible for:
· To support with the day to day running of the nursery
· Keeping children safe in the nursery environment
· Following all policies and procedures
· Preparing snacks
· Assisting other staff and working as part of a team
· Carrying out 1 to 1 and small group activities as asked by qualified staff
· Meeting parents
· Carrying out personal care routines
· Promoting positive behaviour through your own positive role modelling actions and by following the behaviour policy
· Attending staff meetings
· Completing training as set by the management team
You will need to/be:
• Happy and smiling with a positive attitude
• Have strong verbal, non-verbal communication skills with an appropriate use of tone
• Warm, caring and approachable
• Flexible and practical
• Enthusiastic, innovative and energetic
• Deeply motivated
• Creative and imaginative
• Enjoy being with children
• Be open to constructive criticism
• Have high standards of personal hygiene
• Have experience of working with young children
Minimum Qualifications Required:
· GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
· Level 2 Early Years Practitioner – Preferred
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.