Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Employer: Humberstone Park Day Nursery
Location: 301 Uppingham Road,
Pay: £5.28 per hour (increasing to £6.40 per hour as of 01/04/2024)
Daily Hours: Monday to Friday shifts between 7.30am and 6pm
Total Weekly Hours: 40
Qualification: Early Years Practitioner Level 2 OR Early Years Educator Level 3
Duration: 16-18 months
Level 2 Units Covered:
· Exploring roles and opportunities
· Supporting SEN or disabilities
· Supporting effective communication
· Supporting health and safety
· Child development up to 7 years
· Working with parents and professionals
· Supporting activities and educational programmes
· Promoting wellbeing
· Safeguarding young children
Level 3 Units Covered:
· Continued professional development
· Speech and language
· Equality and diversity
· Partnership working
· Planning and implementing activities for children
· Learning development, observations, and theories
· Supporting positive behaviour
· Health, safety, and welfare
How an apprenticeship works:
As an Apprentice, you will be employed, just like anyone else at the company, the only difference is that you spend some of your week studying towards a qualification.
Typically, you will have a teams meeting once a month (2-3 hours) with your assigned Trainer Assessor unlike the usual assumption that you will attend college for one day a week. Throughout the month, you will be expected to complete different assignments and independent study as discussed in this meeting in preparation for the next month. Each week, you will spend a minimum of 6 hours in a number of different Training, Learning & Development Activities that all develop your Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours which will be completed in your place of work during your working hours- so no homework!! These 6 hours will be agreed with your manager and can be set as a whole day or split throughout the week, whatever works best for you!
After approximately 6 months, you will be set mock activities by your Trainer Assessor to help you prepare for your End Point Assessment (EPA). This will include Multiple Choice Questions, Presentations of your work and Q&A’s. You will receive lots of one-to-one support to prepare you for this!
CT Skills is always sure to provide full support from your Initial Application to your final EPA! As we are a training provider, all of our vacancies are for immediate start and available all year round, so please consider this when you are applying!
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP, YOU MUST HAVE GRADE 4/C OR ABOVE IN GCSE ENGLISH AND MATHS (OR EQUIVALENT) AND HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
About the employer & website link:
We are an Ofsted approved day nursery which provides care from the age of 4 weeks up to 12 years old. Our location has the most up-to-date finger print recognition technology to allow a controlled secure access. All room have CCTV monitoring to allow an extra peace of mind.
Our graduate lead team work closely with parents and carers to help your child achieve the best in life, supporting everyone in taking the next steps your child will need to reach their next stage of development.
The areas of learning are designed to create a bright, welcoming and homely feeling always inviting your child to feel comfortable and relaxed. All equipment is modern and age appropriate, located within reach to help stimulate all interests. We are situated within a large beautiful park which allows us to support your child in exploring new environments and experience the world outside.
For more information, please visit https://www.hpdn.co.uk/
About the role:
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting. To give support to their staff within the setting. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn. To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
• To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
• To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
• To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
• To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
• To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
• To be flexible within working practices
• To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre, etc.
• Undertaking other responsibilities where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
• To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled
• To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
• To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
• To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
• To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside
• To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers
• To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
• To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding officer.
Apprenticeships are very demanding as you are working towards a qualification whilst working full time! You will need to be committed and motivated as there is lots of self-guided work involved.
· Customer Care
· Role Model
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
· GCSE or equivalent English and Maths grade 4/C or above
· Childcare experience e.g., babysitting, taking care of younger family members
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
· Nursery Assistant
· Nursery Nurse
· Nursery Practitioner
· Early Years Workers
· Early Years Practitioner
Please go to https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Early-Years-Practitioner-Overview-L2.pdf for more information.
INTERESTED? Before you apply….
· Make sure you’ve fully read and understood the advert, the company, and the qualification.
· Are you committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification?
· Do you meet the eligibility criteria?
· Have you explained in your CV/Cover letter why you are applying and what interests you about this qualification?
· Is your CV up to date and relevant to this role? If you need help with this, please use our CV template: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Candidate-CV-Advice-Template-1.docx
What happens next?
If you’re application is successful, you will receive a phone call from our Recruitment Consultant. So, please ensure that this is apprenticeship programme is of interest to you as it will be a minimum 12-month commitment. If you are interested in an apprenticeship but unsure what you would like to do, please contact us for advice: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/contact-us/
Other similar jobs that might interest you