Job Title: Team Assistant Apprentice
Employer: Eversheds Sutherland
Location: 6 Stanley Street,
Pay: £21,000 per year
Daily Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Total Weekly Hours: 35
Qualification: Business Admin Level 3
About Business Admin:
Business admin is the perfect starting point for anyone interested in general business but who is perhaps unsure of which specific career they want to pursue in the long term. This qualification is very broad and provides you with exposure into different departments of the business such as HR, accounting, sales, marketing and more! It is also very valuable as all businesses require administrators so the possibilities of entering different industries is endless.
Duration: 18 months
· Personal Development
· Role Fundamentals
· The Organisation & Policies
· Legislation & Regulation
· Business Fundamentals and Processes
How an apprenticeship works:
As an Apprentice, you will be employed, just like anyone else at the company, the only difference is that you spend some of your week studying towards a qualification.
Typically, you will have a teams meeting once a month (2-3 hours) with your assigned Trainer Assessor unlike the usual assumption that you will attend college for one day a week. Throughout the month, you will be expected to complete different assignments and independent study as discussed in this meeting in preparation for the next month. Each week, you will spend a minimum of 6 hours in a number of different Training, Learning & Development Activities that all develop your Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours which will be completed in your place of work during your working hours- so no homework!! These 6 hours will be agreed with your manager and can be set as a whole day or split throughout the week, whatever works best for you!
After approximately 6 months, you will be set mock activities by your Trainer Assessor to help you prepare for your End Point Assessment (EPA). This will include Multiple Choice Questions, Presentations of your work and Q&A’s. You will receive lots of one-to-one support to prepare you for this!
CT Skills is always sure to provide full support from your Initial Application to your final EPA! As we are a training provider, all of our vacancies are for immediate start and available all year round, so please consider this when you are applying!
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP, YOU MUST HAVE GRADE 4/C OR ABOVE IN GCSE ENGLISH AND MATHS (OR EQUIVALENT) AND HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
About the employer & website link:
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture, values, and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solutions for every client.
As a full-service law practice, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the US providing legal advice to clients across the Company Commercial, Employment, Labour & Pensions, Litigation and Dispute Management, and Real Estate practices.
For more information, please visit https://www.eversheds-sutherland.com/en/global
About the role:
The role of Team Assistant is to provide core support within Practice Group Support and across the business.
Our Team Assistants are responsible for a varied range of tasks, providing first class client service and undertaking a full range of transactional tasks and activities, supporting stakeholders from across the business. Within this role you will have the opportunity to network with a variety of internal teams and external organisations, enhancing your skills, knowledge, and expertise. We offer a wide range of training and development opportunities, a variety of technical training and soft skills courses, and are committed to a culture of continuous feedback.
• File opening and closing
• Archiving and deeds scheduling
• Photocopying, printing, and scanning
• Hard copy filing
• Reorganising filing cabinets
• Completing Finance forms, including expenses
• Stationery representative
• Travel research and booking, including flights, accommodation, and taxis
• Delivering and collecting time sensitive work from the Reprographics Team, including quality check controls
• IT equipment fault reporting
• File and bundle preparation, including indexing and bible creation
• Dealing with post including special deliveries
• Name badge creation
• Book meeting rooms, catering and equipment
• Arranging couriers and delivering files/documents to court and clients
• Maintaining Team sheets (i.e. capacity)
• Maintaining client contacts on Share Database (including adding and amending)
• Marketing tasks to include, meet and greeting clients, preparing delegate materials, etc.
• Providing ad hoc secretarial cover in times of low resource, to include audio and manuscript typing, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Other ad hoc support as required
• Manage workload efficiently and effectively
• Communicate with stakeholders to ensure expectation and delivery parameters are met
• Continuously seek opportunities to embrace technologies which improve our ways of working and that drive efficiencies in day-to-day activities
• Demonstrate client service excellence by being responsive to all requests, effectively utilising all communication channels available
Apprenticeships are very demanding as you are working towards a qualification whilst working full time! You will need to be committed and motivated as there is lots of self-guided work involved.
· Communication skills
· IT Skills
· Attention to detail
· Organisation skills
· Problem Solving skills
· Administrative skills
· Analytical skills
· Team working
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
· GCSE or equivalent English and Maths Grade 4/C or above.
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
· Office Supervisor
· Team Leader
· Assistant Manager
· Business Manager
· Operations Manager
· Department Manager
· Regional Manager
· Executive Assistant
· Accounts Officer
· Customer Service Representative
Please go to https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Business-Administrator-Overview-L3.pdf for more information.
INTERESTED? Before you apply….
· Make sure you’ve fully read and understood the advert, the company, and the qualification.
· Are you committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification?
· Do you meet the eligibility criteria?
· Have you explained in your CV/Cover letter why you are applying and what interests you about this qualification?
· Is your CV up to date and relevant to this role? If you need help with this, please use our CV template: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Candidate-CV-Advice-Template-1.docx
What happens next?
If you’re application is successful, you will receive a phone call from our Recruitment Consultant. So, please ensure that this is apprenticeship programme is of interest to you as it will be a minimum 12-month commitment. If you are interested in an apprenticeship but unsure what you would like to do, please contact us for advice: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/contact-us/