Job Title: Pre-School Practitioner Apprentice
Employer: Mini Adventures Pre-School
Location: Rockingham Road,
Pay: £5.28 per hour (increasing to £6.40 as of 01/04/2024)
Daily Hours: Monday to Friday shifts between 9am and 5pm.
Total Weekly Hours: 30
Qualification: Level 2 Early Years Practitioner OR Level 3 Early Years Educator
Duration: 16-18 months
Level 2 Units Covered:
· Exploring roles and opportunities
· Supporting SEN or disabilities
· Supporting effective communication
· Supporting health and safety
· Child development up to 7 years
· Working with parents and professionals
· Supporting activities and educational programmes
· Promoting wellbeing
· Safeguarding young children
Level 3 Units Covered:
· Continued professional development
· Speech and language
· Equality and diversity
· Partnership working
· Planning and implementing activities for children
· Learning development, observations, and theories
· Supporting positive behaviour
· Health, safety, and welfare
How an apprenticeship works:
As an Apprentice, you will be employed, just like anyone else at the company, the only difference is that you spend some of your week studying towards a qualification.
Typically, you will have a teams meeting once a month (2-3 hours) with your assigned Trainer Assessor unlike the usual assumption that you will attend college for one day a week. Throughout the month, you will be expected to complete different assignments and independent study as discussed in this meeting in preparation for the next month. Each week, you will spend a minimum of 6 hours in a number of different Training, Learning & Development Activities that all develop your Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours which will be completed in your place of work during your working hours- so no homework!! These 6 hours will be agreed with your manager and can be set as a whole day or split throughout the week, whatever works best for you!
After approximately 6 months, you will be set mock activities by your Trainer Assessor to help you prepare for your End Point Assessment (EPA). This will include Multiple Choice Questions, Presentations of your work and Q&A’s. You will receive lots of one-to-one support to prepare you for this!
CT Skills is always sure to provide full support from your Initial Application to your final EPA! As we are a training provider, all of our vacancies are for immediate start and available all year round, so please consider this when you are applying!
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP, YOU MUST HAVE GRADE 4/C OR ABOVE IN GCSE ENGLISH AND MATHS (OR EQUIVALENT) AND HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
About the employer & website link:
Mini Adventures pre-school provides high quality childcare in a safe and happy environment. We encourage the children, through play activities, to learn and develop at their own pace. We offer a wide range of challenging and stimulating experiences through which they can achieve this.
Our aim is to provide individual, high-quality childcare in a fun, caring and comfortable environment.
We firmly believe that every child is unique and is constantly learning. Children are encouraged to be resilient, capable, confident, and self-assured. We aim to make each child’s early education experiences positive and meaningful. We know that children learn best in a welcoming, warm, secure, and caring environment, where they are able to experiment and have fun, take risks, learn from their experiences and grow in confidence. The uniqueness and individuality of each child is always emphasised, encouraged, and valued.
For more information, please visit https://www.miniadventures.co.uk
About the role:
You’ll be responsible for providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children in the provision, and work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn. You’ll build and maintain a strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
· Deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the provision are met (in conjunction with other team members).
· Keep records of key children’s developments and learning journeys and share with parents, carers, and other key adults in the child’s life.
· Support all staff and engage with staff team.
· Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day to day caring and early learning needs.
· Ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
· Advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g., regarding children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· Be involved in out-of-working hours activities, e.g., training, staff meetings, summer fayres etc.
· Be flexible within working practices of the provision, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snacks/meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
· Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the provision’s philosophy is fulfilled.
· Read, understand, and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the provision.
· Develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person.
· Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families, and other staff.
· Be aware of the high profile of the provision and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
· Support nursery assistants, students, and volunteers.
· Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
· Undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training coordinator, safeguarding officer etc.
Apprenticeships are very demanding as you are working towards a qualification whilst working full time! You will need to be committed and motivated as there is lots of self-guided work involved.
• Team working
• Problem Solving
• Non judgemental
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
· GCSE or equivalent English and Maths grade 4/C or above
· Some childcare experience e.g., babysitting or taking care of younger family members
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
· Nursery Assistant
· Nursery Nurse
· Nursery Practitioner
· Early Years Workers
· Early Years Practitioner
Please go to https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Early-Years-Practitioner-Overview-L2.pdf for more information.
INTERESTED? Before you apply….
· Make sure you’ve fully read and understood the advert, the company, and the qualification.
· Are you committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification?
· Do you meet the eligibility criteria?
· Have you explained in your CV/Cover letter why you are applying and what interests you about this qualification?
· Is your CV up to date and relevant to this role? If you need help with this, please use our CV template: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Candidate-CV-Advice-Template-1.docx
What happens next?
If you’re application is successful, you will receive a phone call from our Recruitment Consultant. So, please ensure that this is apprenticeship programme is of interest to you as it will be a minimum 12-month commitment. If you are interested in an apprenticeship but unsure what you would like to do, please contact us for advice: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/contact-us/