People Assistant Apprentice
Nova Education Trust
The Sir Colin Campbell Building
University of Nottingham Innovation Park
National Minimum Wage for Age
£5.28 to £10.42 per hour
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm.
Friday 8am to 3.30pm.
(Can be flexible if needed)
Total Weekly Hours:
Qualification: HR Support Level 3
Duration: 16 months
· Personal development
· Role fundamentals
· Business fundamentals
· Legislation and policies
· HR services and fundamentals
How an apprenticeship works:
As an Apprentice, you will be employed, just like anyone else at the company, the only difference is that you spend some of your week studying towards a qualification.
Typically, you will have a teams meeting once a month (2-3 hours) with your assigned Trainer Assessor unlike the usual assumption that you will attend college for one day a week. Throughout the month, you will be expected to complete different assignments and independent study as discussed in this meeting in preparation for the next month. Each week, you will spend a minimum of 6 hours in a number of different Training, Learning & Development Activities that all develop your Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours which will be completed in your place of work during your working hours- so no homework!! These 6 hours will be agreed with your manager and can be set as a whole day or split throughout the week, whatever works best for you!
After approximately 6 months, you will be set mock activities by your Trainer Assessor to help you prepare for your End Point Assessment (EPA). This will include Multiple Choice Questions, Presentations of your work and Q&A’s. You will receive lots of one-to-one support to prepare you for this!
CT Skills is always sure to provide full support from your Initial Application to your final EPA! As we are a training provider, all of our vacancies are for immediate start and available all year round, so please consider this when you are applying!
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP, YOU MUST HAVE GRADE 4/C OR ABOVE IN GCSE ENGLISH AND MATHS (OR EQUIVALENT) AND HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
About the employer & website link:
Our family is currently made up of 15 academies (five primaries, nine secondaries and one sixth form college). In 2019, we entered into a long-term support partnership with Madani Schools Federation in Leicester to work with their two schools.
Our organisation has undergone a significant transformation in recent times and is now unrecognisable culturally, educationally, financially and in governance terms.
Educationally, we go from strength to strength. 87% of our academies are now judged by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding.
Our trust support and governance is strong, and has been externally recognised as amongst the best in the sector, and our organisation is financially stable. Back-office functions have been completely reformed and centralised, there are robust systems and controls, and financially we post a year-on-year operating surplus.
We run a successful School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programme making us a key player in the region by developing new teachers and providing training and development programmes for existing teachers and support/operational staff throughout their careers.
All our schools and operating units share the same mission, values, principles, and ambitions and as one family we fundamentally believe that through collective action (collective efficacy) we are stronger together.
For more information, please visit https://www.novaeducationtrust.net/
About the Team:
The People & Organisational Development Team is made up of a Head of People, 2x People Business Partners, 2X People Assistants. There is also a Head of Organsiational Development.
About the role:
We have a unique opportunity for a proactive and multi-talented individual to support People initiatives across the Trust. This is a new position and a great opportunity for someone who has a keen interest of working within HR. You will support the People leads in all aspects of administration across our school portfolio. You will also assist with the wider administrative needs for the Central team including room bookings, travel, monitoring of the email inbox and dealing with enquires in an efficient and professional manner.
· Support all aspects of HR administration for the portfolio of Primary schools and to have ownership of this group of schools, in their entirety, for administrative purposes.
· Work with schools in drafting adverts and job descriptions for posts in relation to the recruitment and on-boarding process. o Use the HR system to notify existing staff of internal opportunities.
· Manage the administrative system to monitor and track the recruitment process, to ensure all checks and references are undertaken and received and keep schools informed of new starter checks.
· Support schools to set up personnel files for their staff including the administration of their Single Central Record as required.
· Administer all Payroll Variation administration including contract amendment and leaver letters.
· Lead on administrative support around family friendly procedures i.e. maternity paternity and shared parental leave informing payroll of any applications.
· Maintain integrated HR/payroll systems by inputting all new starters and updating with leavers and any changes on the live system.
· Work alongside and support the wider People team in relation to all administrative support required for schools. Run regular reports for the Head of People and People Business Partners to inform Business Partner meetings within schools and for any internal board reports.
· Support the Head of HR and Business Partners in relation to specific project work.
· Support the wider People team in relation to servicing disciplinary, grievance, capability meetings and hearings and provide general administrative support for employee relation cases as required.
· Maintain employee confidence in the trust by keeping HR information confidential.
· Adhere to and promote the strategic aim of the People team and the trust.
Apprenticeships are very demanding as you are working towards a qualification whilst working full time! You will need to be committed and motivated as there is lots of self-guided work involved.
• Attention to detail
• Team working
• Customer care
• Non judgemental
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
· GCSE or equivalent English and Maths grade 4/C or above
Some office/admin experience.
There will be the potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
You could progress into People Officer/ People Advisor with an increase in salary and responsibilities.
· Human Resources Officer
· Recruitment Consultant
· Training and Development Officer
· Employee Relations Adviser
· Management Consultant
· Occupational Psychologist
Please go to https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/HR-Support-Overview-L3.pdf for more information.
· Free Parking
· Access to discounts via our Nova Perks
· Cashback on dental, optical and other services
· Access to 24-hour counselling and GP services
INTERESTED? Before you apply….
· Make sure you’ve fully read and understood the advert, the company, and the qualification.
· Are you committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification?
· Do you meet the eligibility criteria?
· Have you explained in your CV/Cover letter why you are applying and what interests you about this qualification?
· Is your CV up to date and relevant to this role? If you need help with this, please use our CV template: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Candidate-CV-Advice-Template-1.docx
What happens next?
If you’re application is successful, you will receive a phone call from our Recruitment Consultant. So, please ensure that this is apprenticeship programme is of interest to you as it will be a minimum 12-month commitment. If you are interested in an apprenticeship but unsure what you would like to do, please contact us for advice: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/contact-us/