Apprenticeship Job Title: Medical Receptionist Apprentice
Who is the Apprenticeship with?
Sunrise Medical Practice
Sunrise Medical Practice
Nottingham Trent University
Daily Working Hours:
Monday to Friday between 8.15am and 6.30pm
Shifts will be 8.15am to 2.15pm and 12.30pm to 6.30pm
Apprenticeship Qualification: Customer Service Level 2
Apprenticeship Duration: 16 months
· Roles and Responsibilities
· Organisational Understanding
· Customer Experience
· Legislation & Regulation
· Products and Services
· Systems and Resources
How does the Apprenticeship work?
As an Apprentice, you will be employed, just like anyone else at the company, the difference is that you will be studying towards a qualification.
You’ll spend a minimum of 6 hours a week (of your total working hours) in a number of different Training, Learning & Development Activities that all develop your Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours in line with your Apprenticeship Qualification. These will include (for example) staff meetings, online courses, shadowing other team members, as well as a monthly study workshop) basically a lesson, with your Tutor, lasting between 3 and 5 hours, during which you will be taught a particular subject / topic / module.
Any work that you are set within this session is then expected to be complete for the next month’s session. You will be given time each week to do this within your working day/week – so no homework!! This will all prepare you for your End Point Assessment (EPA) once you have completed all the learning required. As CT Skills is a training provider, all our vacancies are for immediate starts so please consider this when you are applying.
About The Employer:
We are a medium sized GP practice based on Clifton Campus of Nottingham Trent University providing Medical services mainly to students on the campus. We aim to provide all of our patients with a comprehensive range of healthcare services covering one-off problems to longer term illnesses.
• To treat our patients promptly, courteously, with dignity and respect and in complete confidence.
• To give equal access to all regardless of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, HIV positivity, working pattern, caring responsibilities, trade union activity or political beliefs – or any other grounds.
• To provide a high-quality service.
• To value staff and have a common shared goal. This means being open, respectful, fair and accountable.
• To work in partnership with other primary care providers to deliver the best care for patients.
• To encourage lifelong learning and development of the team as a fundamental to good quality care.
About the team:
There are 10 core staff and 3 doctors along with a number of associated team members.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic team member who has a passion for the NHS and health services to young people. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and happy to work a morning or afternoon shift five days a week.
As a GP receptionist the role will involve booking appointments over the phone and face to face and contacting patients as needed and responding to queries and requests for information from patients and health professionals alike.
The role requires working as a member of a team and independently using your own initiative.
And Day to Day? …. You will be Responsible for:
· Good telephone manner
· Good communication skills
· Able to use initiative
· Good IT skills
Minimum Qualifications Required eg:
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths grade 4/C or above.
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there could be the potential of a permanent post within the business.
· Customer Service Trainee
· Customer Service Advisor
· Customer Service Assistant
Please go to https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Customer-Service-Practitioner-Overview-L2.pdf for more information.
· NHS pension scheme
· Free Parking
· Onsite Parking