Job Title: Level 2 Early Years Apprentice
Employer: Hucknall Day Nursery
Location: 100 Nottingham Road,
Pay: £5.28 per hour (increasing to £6.40 as of 01/04/2024)
Daily Hours: Monday to Friday, shifts between the hours of 7:30am – 6pm.
Qualification: Early Years Practitioner Level 2
Duration: 16 months
• Exploring roles and opportunities
• Supporting SEN or disabilities
• Supporting effective communication
• Supporting health and safety
• Child development up to 7 years
• Working with parents and professionals
• Supporting activities and educational programmes
• Promoting wellbeing
• Safeguarding young children
How an apprenticeship works:
As an Apprentice, you will be employed, just like anyone else at the company, the only difference is that you spend some of your week studying towards a qualification.
Typically, you will have a teams meeting once a month (2-3 hours) with your assigned Trainer Assessor unlike the usual assumption that you will attend college for one day a week. Throughout the month, you will be expected to complete different assignments and independent study as discussed in this meeting in preparation for the next month. Each week, you will spend a minimum of 6 hours in a number of different Training, Learning & Development Activities that all develop your Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours which will be completed in your place of work during your working hours- so no homework!! These 6 hours will be agreed with your manager and can be set as a whole day or split throughout the week, whatever works best for you!
After approximately 6 months, you will be set mock activities by your Trainer Assessor to help you prepare for your End Point Assessment (EPA). This will include Multiple Choice Questions, Presentations of your work and Q&A’s. You will receive lots of one-to-one support to prepare you for this!
CT Skills is always sure to provide full support from your Initial Application to your final EPA! As we are a training provider, all of our vacancies are for immediate start and available all year round, so please consider this when you are applying!
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP, YOU MUST HAVE GRADE 4/C OR ABOVE IN GCSE ENGLISH AND MATHS (OR EQUIVALENT) AND HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
About the employer & website link:
A family run business, established over 30 years ago, Hucknall Day Nursery provides a safe, caring, and supportive environment for children from 0 to 4 years of age. With dedicated age-based rooms, including the Baby Room, and Pre School-Learning Room, it provides dedicated care and learning to meet children’s needs.
To find out more, please visit https://www.hucknalldaynursery.co.uk/
About the role:
The main purpose of this role is to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery. To ensure that all children are safeguarded, and their welfare and safety is promoted; give support to other team members throughout the nursery, and to work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
· Prepare and deliver a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children, as well as their stage of development, together with other team members.
· Shadow a qualified nursery practitioner, gaining an understanding of the ‘key person’ role, including weekly observations of children.
· Follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure.
· Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
· Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
· Be flexible within working practices of the nursery. For example, be prepared to help where needed, including preparing snack meals, cleaning equipment etc.
· Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled.
· Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role.
· Record accidents and complete the relevant form; ensure the Room Leader initials the report before the parent receives it.
· Look upon the nursery as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children.
· Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child.
· Develop your role within the team especially with an understanding of the role of a ‘key person.’
· Ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
· Wash and change children as required.
· Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
· Ensure a poorly child is kept calm and warm (notify management straight away).
· Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
· Ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history.
Apprenticeships are very demanding as you are working towards a qualification whilst working full time! You will need to be committed and motivated as there is lots of self-guided work involved.
· Team working
· Positive attitude
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
· GCSE or equivalent English and Maths grade 4/C or above.
· Some childcare experience e.g., babysitting or taking care of younger family members.
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
· Nursery Assistant
· Nursery Nurse
· Nursery Practitioner
· Early Years Workers
· Early Years Practitioner
Please go to https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Early-Years-Practitioner-Overview-L2.pdf for more information.
INTERESTED? Before you apply….
· Make sure you’ve fully read and understood the advert, the company, and the qualification.
· Are you committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification?
· Do you meet the eligibility criteria?
· Have you explained in your CV/Cover letter why you are applying and what interests you about this qualification?
· Is your CV up to date and relevant to this role? If you need help with this, please use our CV template: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Candidate-CV-Advice-Template-1.docx
What happens next?
If you’re application is successful, you will receive a phone call from our Recruitment Consultant. So, please ensure that this is apprenticeship programme is of interest to you as it will be a minimum 12-month commitment. If you are interested in an apprenticeship but unsure what you would like to do, please contact us for advice: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/contact-us/
Other similar jobs that might interest you