Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Employer: Kids Corner Nursery
Location: 315 Gwendolen Rd,
Pay: £5.28 per hour (increasing to £6.40 as of 01/04/2024)
Daily Hours: Monday to Friday shifts between 8.30am and 4.30pm
Total Weekly Hours: Average 30 hours per week (minimum 17 hours)
Qualification: Early Years Educator Level 3
Duration: 18 months
· Continued professional development
· Speech and language
· Equality and diversity
· Partnership working
· Planning and implementing activities for children
· Learning development, observations, and theories
· Supporting positive behaviour
· Health, safety, and welfare
How an apprenticeship works:
As an Apprentice, you will be employed, just like anyone else at the company, the only difference is that you spend some of your week studying towards a qualification.
Typically, you will have a teams meeting once a month (2-3 hours) with your assigned Trainer Assessor unlike the usual assumption that you will attend college for one day a week. Throughout the month, you will be expected to complete different assignments and independent study as discussed in this meeting in preparation for the next month. Each week, you will spend a minimum of 6 hours in a number of different Training, Learning & Development Activities that all develop your Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours which will be completed in your place of work during your working hours- so no homework!! These 6 hours will be agreed with your manager and can be set as a whole day or split throughout the week, whatever works best for you!
After approximately 6 months, you will be set mock activities by your Trainer Assessor to help you prepare for your End Point Assessment (EPA). This will include Multiple Choice Questions, Presentations of your work and Q&A’s. You will receive lots of one-to-one support to prepare you for this!
CT Skills is always sure to provide full support from your Initial Application to your final EPA! As we are a training provider, all of our vacancies are for immediate start and available all year round, so please consider this when you are applying!
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP, YOU MUST HAVE GRADE 4/C OR ABOVE IN GCSE ENGLISH AND MATHS (OR EQUIVALENT) AND HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
About the employer & website link:
Kids’ Corner Nursery began in 2012 at the heart of Leicester, Upperton Road. In a small and cosy Victorian building over 3 floors.
Hafsa and Mariam two best friends who had great working careers in childcare struggled to find flexible care for their children. They then took their ambition and expertise into creating a fun, flexible, affordable loving environment for all Children. The very first customers were their own children.
Kids’ Corner Nursery provides excellent childcare throughout the year for babies, toddlers, and pre-school children. We have carefully selected our managers and staff to ensure a high level of commitment and to provide your child with a safe and comfortable environment, ultimately keeping your child happy at all times.
For more information, please visit https://kidscornernursery.net/
About the role:
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social, and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
If you’re successful with your application, you will be getting involved in the planning and running of playtime, meeting and greeting the parents and making sure the play areas are clean and safe. This means you need some excellent interpersonal skills – if you’re dealing with the parents of the children, they need to be able to trust you!
· Supporting supervision of children aged 0-8.
· Supervising and monitoring the safety of children in your care.
· Helping children to keep good hygiene.
· Organising activities or implementing a curriculum that allows children to learn about the world and explore interests.
· Developing schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime.
· Watching for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bringing the problems to the attention of parents – vigilant safeguarding activities, Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest.
Apprenticeships are very demanding as you are working towards a qualification whilst working full time! You will need to be committed and motivated as there is lots of self-guided work involved.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Report writing and note taking skills.
· Awareness of safeguarding.
· A genuine desire to work in the childcare sector.
· The ability to communicate on a variety of levels (between parents, children, and colleagues)
· Have a good sense of humour.
· Ability to work under pressure,
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
· GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 4/C or above)
· Early Years Level 2 Qualification
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there could be the potential of a permanent post within the business.
· Nursery Nurse
Please go to https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Early-Years-Educator-Overview-L3.pdf for more information.
INTERESTED? Before you apply….
· Make sure you’ve fully read and understood the advert, the company, and the qualification.
· Are you committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification?
· Do you meet the eligibility criteria?
· Have you explained in your CV/Cover letter why you are applying and what interests you about this qualification?
· Is your CV up to date and relevant to this role? If you need help with this, please use our CV template: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Candidate-CV-Advice-Template-1.docx
What happens next?
If you’re application is successful, you will receive a phone call from our Recruitment Consultant. So, please ensure that this is apprenticeship programme is of interest to you as it will be a minimum 12-month commitment. If you are interested in an apprenticeship but unsure what you would like to do, please contact us for advice: https://www.ctskills.co.uk/contact-us/
Other similar jobs that might interest you