About The Employer:
Just like you, we believe that caring for children means giving them the very best start in life, in every sense of the word. We understand how it feels to be a parent too, juggling work, home and friends, so we believe in being supportive and lending you a hand whenever we can, whether you need flexible childcare or simply a day nursery that shares your outlook and aspirations.
About the Role:
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting. To give support to their staff within the setting. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Helping to set up activities for the children
• Supervising the children, ensuring they’re safe at all times
• Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
• Supporting children at meal times and assisting with eating and drinking
• Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
• Helping children to read, sing, count, and join in with imaginative play
• Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
• Helping to plan activities and games
• Carrying out observations with qualified staff
• Tidying away after an activity is finished
• Making sure children feel safe, loved, happy and content
About what about YOU?… You will need to HAVE:
• Basic knowledge of safeguarding
• Basic knowledge of health and safety
• Customer service skills
• Team working skills
• Passionate about a career within Childcare
• Keen to learn and develop
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.