Website Viamaster International
Job Title: Business Administrator apprentice
Apprenticeship Qualification: Business Admin Level 3
|WHO is it with?||Viamaster International Limited|
|Leeds 27 Industrial Estate
|Working Hours:||Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00, with 1-hour for lunch.|
About The Employer: Viamaster International Limited
Viamaster International Limited, part of the Viamaster group of companies, have been at the forefront of express, trailer operations from the UK to / from Italy for over 15 years. In addition to the Italian operation, we also serve France, Benelux, Germany, Spain, and many more European destinations on a scheduled basis – in a freight forwarding capacity we have global coverage by air & sea.
About the Role:
The role is to provide business administration support to Viamaster International Limited, with a core focus on the new customs processes that have come into force when trading with the EU post Brexit. During your apprenticeship you will work primarily as part of the Operations Team, providing admin support to our load planners, other freight operators and also our accounts team.
You will receive training and work with your Assessor towards achieving your Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
Main duties & responsibilities will include:
- Checking client paperwork for correct information and declarations. Creation of customs entries with submission to HMRC via our IT platform
- Raising safety and security declarations to overseas customs authorities
- Answer telephone and email enquiries from potential and existing customers & suppliers. Take messages, to be passed to operations, administrative or commercial staff promptly as appropriate
- Carry out reception duties including greeting and assisting customers and visitors
- Take shipment bookings either by phone, fax, or email
- Entering data onto the freight management operating system, updating trailer planning records
- Produce various documents for clients, drivers, warehouse staff and internal use from templates / freight management system
- Support Viamaster International staff with administrative tasks including the creation of job files, printing, photocopying, filing and other general office duties
- Assisting the Operations team in obtaining documentation from clients and collection drivers, and providing delivery documentation to UK & International drivers
- Support the Operations team in gathering delivery information and vehicle locations from drivers, foreign sub-contract hauliers, third party freight forwarders and overseas partners in Italy, France, etc.
- Assist operations staff with measuring and photographing oversized or unusual cargo
- Assist the Finance team entering data onto the computerised system and other accounting tasks
- Where required, training will be provided in carrying out the duties listed above
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the manager, which are relevant to your role within the company, to meet the overall business needs.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Very good level of written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Must be willing to be a flexible part of the team and have a desire to use own initiative and learn
- Confident and enthusiastic telephone manner
- Must be smart and presentable and have an interest in helping people
- Must be a good timekeeper (prompt and reliable)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to communicate with team members and customers
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Great prospects for permanent position for right candidate.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
- As a member of the Viamaster team, you can look forward to working in an exciting and friendly environment where dedication is rewarded and self-improvement encouraged.
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension