Website BCD Meetings & Events
Apprenticeship Qualification: Business Administration Level 3
|How long does it take?||18 months|
|Who is it with?||BCD Meetings & Events|
|Where?||London (we operate flexible working)
55 Old Broad Street
|Working Hours:||09.00am – 17.30pm|
|Hourly Rate:||National Minimum Wage|
|Reporting to:||Customer Experience Manager|
About the Employer:
We are part of one of the largest specialist meetings and events agencies in the world, with longstanding expertise in event solutions, venue search and meetings management. At BCD Meetings & Events, we work with you to create moments that elevate, motivate, celebrate, and inspire.
About the Team:
The Venue Search operational team specialise in finding venues for our corporate customer base to hold meetings & events in. We are a rapidly expanding team of 50 split across two office locations (London Liverpool St & Derby Pride Park) with several of the team working remotely. We are a friendly team, welcoming to all regardless of background.
About the Role:
A Venue Innovation Coordinator sits within our Venue Search operational team and their core role is to support both our customers and our operational teams by building up the quality and quantity of non-hotel venue records on our venue database. There will be frameworks and guidelines to follow, and you will have the operational team and your line manager to lean into for support and guidance.
And Day to Day? …. You will be Responsible for:
- To build breadth & depth in ‘non-hotel’ venues on the VenueSearch database
- To actively research, digitally & physically, new openings and new to BCD M&E venues
- To implement commercial arrangements where none exist, or where existing need improving
- To communicate all that is new and exciting to Operational & Account Management teams
- To support the Operations team with adding missing venues or missing venue information
About what about YOU?… You will need to HAVE:
- Comfortable dealing with people at all levels both face to face and by telephone/email
- A good command of written and verbal English is a necessity
- Good MS Office skills including Outlook, Word & Excel are desirable, as is experience of entering data into databases
- Knowledge of industry Venues & Suppliers is a plus
And BE able…
- To maintain the corporate image and brand by consistently living the BCD Meeting & Events values.
- To maintain good personal organisation and time management standards.
- To demonstrate excellent attention to detail, accuracy and be able to work to high standards without constant supervision.
- To consistently meet deadlines even when doing so is challenging.
- To present a professional image and act in the best interests of BCD Meeting & Events always.
- To understand and comply with relevant policies and procedures on Health & Safety at work.
- To understand and comply with relevant policies and procedures on Information Security and the use of computers.
- To understand and comply with relevant policies and procedures on data privacy and GDPR regulations, including the specific Venue Search GDPR SOP.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
- 23 days holiday (not including UK bank holidays)
- Birthday day off
- Access to discounted hotel rates for personal use
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted Gym membership