The candidates will show they can adapt in their role to meet the needs of the employer and learner which includes teaching and delivery of topics relevant to their qualification. An individual learning plan will be created to support your learning and growth within your sector. We also offer interactive resources to support development.
George Spencer has a national reputation for providing high quality education for students of all abilities which has been recognised in Ofsted inspections, culminating in the most recent outstanding inspection where we achieved grade 1s in all categories.
Working as part of this important team you will be required to carry out the following duties. The nature of the Academy Year requires some of these tasks to be done regularly whilst others will be on an annual cycle.
The post holder will be expected to use all Trust standard computer hardware and software packages where appropriate. Specific responsibilities include:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting access to learning for students in liaison with the class teacher in order to maximise achievement
- Providing general support in classroom management including students’ learning and behaviour
- Providing general care and welfare to students
- Contributing to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Supporting and coordinating provision for students they are allocated as keyworker for.
- Work in a professional manner and with integrity and maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Maintain up to date knowledge in line with national changes and legislation as appropriate to the role.
- To keep abreast of developments and changes in post holder’s field and communicate to colleagues
- Be aware of and comply with all Academy policies including in particular
- Health and Safety and Safeguarding.
- Participate in the Academy Appraisal process and undertake professional development as required.
- Adhere to all internal and external deadlines.
- Contribute to the overall aims and ethos of the Spencer Academies Trust and establish constructive relationships with nominated Academies and other agencies as appropriate to the role.
- These above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, the post- holder maybe required to carry out other duties as required by the Trust.
The Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to build and form good relationships with students, parents/carers and colleagues
- Ability to work within school based systems and specified timelines
- Ability to proficiently use office computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and internet systems
- SIMS management information system
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- A diplomatic and patient approach
- Initiative and ability to prioritise own work and that of others to meet deadlines
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection and safeguarding
- Recognition of the importance of personal responsibility for health and safety
- Commitment to the Trust’s ethos, aims and whole community.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Good standard of education especially with regard to literacy and numeracy skills.
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or equivalent
- Experience of working with children / young people
- Previous experience in an educational environment
Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working week and Salary:
Monday - Thursday, 8 - 4 and Friday, 8 - 3.30
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours
Hourly Wage: £3.90
Weekly Wage: £146.25
This employer prides themselves in developing the staff they employ. This wouldn’t be just a job, it will be a career that you can pride yourself with and develop yourself within the business.