Job Title: Stewardship Apprentice
Apprenticeship Qualification: Business Admin Level 3
37 hours per week
Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 09:00 – 4:30pm
With a 30 minute unpaid break for lunch each day
Starting salary £13,620 increasing to £15,660 after 6 months
Methodist Homes (MHA)
About the Employer:
MHA is the largest charity care provider for older people in the UK. Our mission is to inspire the best care and wellbeing at every stage of later life.
As the largest charity care provider for older people in the UK, we offer some of the highest quality care, accommodation and support services throughout Britain. Our mission is to inspire the best care and wellbeing at every stage of later life.
Founded by members of the Methodist Church in 1943, today we support:
- 4,400 older people living in our care homes, many receiving specialist dementia or nursing care
- 3,000 older people living independently in retirement living communities, with access to social and leisure facilities and flexible care when needed
- 11,100 older people living independently in their own homes with the support of our community services across Britain.
About the Role:
Looking for an apprenticeship where you can learn fantastic skills and develop your knowledge whilst working for a national charity where you can make a real difference for older people?
Come and join our amazing Learning Excellence Apprenticeship Programme (LEAP) and work alongside friendly, passionate and professional people
LEAP is an apprenticeship programme which is designed for people who are looking to take their first step onto that all important career ladder. The programme will include development to gain a recognised apprenticeship qualification relevant to this role as well as a wide range of personal development opportunities to support you both inside and outside work.
The role of the Stewardship Apprentice is to support the day to day running of the administrative elements of the fundraising team.
Day to Day Duties:
- Post opening and to take appropriate action as required
- Scanning and filing
- Data entry onto our supporter database including financial information
- Banking donations
- Responding to supporter queries including fulfilling requests and ensuring contact details are up to date
- Signposting queries to the appropriate colleague
- Engaging with supporters via phone and email
- Writing and sending thank you letters
- Supporting reconciliation of gifts against the database
This role will sit within the stewardship team but will work closely with colleagues across the fundraising team. It will also work with operational colleagues who require support or information from the team.
And what about YOU?
At MHA we are seeking enthusiastic, passionate and committed people who are looking for that first step into their career. Ideally you would enjoy:
- Working as part of a team
- Helping others
- Using IT Systems, namely MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Providing excellent customer experiences
- Communicating with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Using your creativity to solve problems and identifying solutions
- Developing your skills and knowledge
- Salary band from £13,620 increasing incrementally to a final salary in year 2 of £18,480
- A favourable pension scheme where for every contribution that you make, MHA will help to top-up your pension pot
- Annual holiday entitlement of 28 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Working pattern 37 hours Monday to Friday
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee discounts through our MHA Cares For You scheme