The core purpose of Derby Moor is summarised in our school motto “Together we succeed”. This motto is underpinned by our four values:
- Achievement – we believe that every student, regardless of background or personal circumstance can achieve.
- Aspiration – we believe that strong achievement is grounded in the best teaching and learning experience which ensures that all students will aspire to be the best they can be. We are committed to continuing professional development so that all staff members are supported to be the best they can be.
- High Expectations – we have high expectations of students, both in terms of achievement and behaviour.
- Community – we create and support a sense of belonging so that all members of the school community feel valued and are kept safe.
Derby Moor is a vibrant and exciting place to study and work with many opportunities available to our students. We want only the best for our students and we will go above and beyond to ensure that is the case.
To provide administrative support and be the first point of contact in the school for enquiries. To welcome visitors, referring them to the appropriate member of staff and answering questions related to the school.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school.
- To develop effective professional relationships with colleagues, knowing how and when to draw on advice and specialist support.
- To contribute to school Quality Assurance processes, Self Evaluation and School Improvement Planning.
- To be part of the cover / buddy rota for Support Staff.
- To manage the school’s main switchboard
- To be the school’s first point of contact with all visitors and callers, responding appropriately to all requests and queries
- To operate main reception doors/barriers and ‘No entry Sign’ as directed by SLT
- To monitor visitor access to site and maintain security
- To maintain visitor diary
- To assist the monitoring of the student receptionists
- To monitor refreshments for the conference room
- To arrange for students to be taken out of classes for Music lessons, SLT requirements and parent requests
- To carry out typing as directed
- To provide clerical support for Awards & Open Evenings
- To sign for post and deliveries as required
- To use the radio/PA system as directed by SLT
- To distribute internal/externa mail as required
- To monitor signing in and out books for staff/visitors/mini bus keys/ hall projector/seat controller
- To support students signing in and out of school as directed
- To support completion of registers as directed
- Computer literate
- Customer service orientated
- You will be able to demonstrate good attention to detail
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team working skills
- Must remain calm and resilient under pressure
- The individual may be asked to travel to other sites for training etc.
- Positive attitude to continuous improvement, making an effective and valuable contribution to the team.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- A willingness to embrace change
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Desired qualifications and experience:
GCSE’s to include English and Maths at Grade A* - C or equivalent
Competent in Microsoft office
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 2 Business Administration
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills ICT (if required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm and Friday - 9am - 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Hourly Wage: £3.90
Weekly Wage: £144.30
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to secure a permanent position and progress further within the business.