Lime Tree Surgery
Job Title: Reception Administrator
Apprenticeship Qualification: Business Admin Level 3
|WHO is it with?||LIME TREE SURGERY|
|1 LIME TREE AVENUE
|Working Hours:||VARIABLE SHIFTS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 7.30AM – 6.30PM MON-FRI|
|Hourly Rate:||STARTING WAGE £5.00 PER HOUR WITH A POTENTIAL FOR PERFORMANCE-RELATED INCREASES|
|Reporting to:||Reception Manager|
About The Employer:
We are a small friendly team (core of 6-7 people) within a busy, vibrant GP Practice. We have a proven track record of good staff retention, as we work hard to maintain a supportive working environment. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our 4000 patients. We are located close to J26 of the M1 and there is a reliable local bus service with easy access to the city Centre.
About the Role:
This role is to receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
The role is also to provide administrative and general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
And Day to Day? …. You will be Responsible for:
- Ensuring an effective and efficient administrative and reception service is provided to patients and other practice visitors, either in person or via the telephone, in accordance with Practice policies.
- Using your own judgment, dealing with general enquiries, explaining procedures and making new and follow-up appointments on the computerised appointments system.
- Booking in patients and welcome other visitors when they arrive at the surgery.
- Receiving and make telephone calls as required
- Diverting calls and taking messages, ensuring accuracy of details.
- Advising patients of routine test results and the administration of repeat prescriptions for patients.
- Assisting with the administration of private services – advising patients of relevant charges, accepting payment and issuing receipts for same.
- Sorting post received and scanning and electronic filing of patient records and documents. Entering patient information on to the computer as required.
- Assisting the practice with the meeting of annual financial targets and deadlines set by NHS England, the Clinical Commissioning Group and the Practice.
- Assisting with the administration of patient referrals to secondary care services.
About what about YOU?… You will need to HAVE:
- Basic IT skills – clinical system training will be provided
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A polite, caring and compassionate team player
- Flexible to cover holidays and sick leave as required for the smooth running of the Practice
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
- Potential for performance-related pay increases.
- Uniform is provided after successful completion of probationary period
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free carparking