Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Would you like to work at a cosy and vibrant nursery – where children burst through the front door with excitement! Kids Corner are looking for a level 2 qualified apprentice, so if you’re looking to continue your career then this is the place for you!
If you’re successful with your application, you will be getting involved in the planning and running of playtime, meeting and greeting the parents and making sure the play areas are clean and safe. This means you need some excellent interpersonal skills – if you’re dealing with the parents of the children they need to be able to trust you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supported supervision of children aged 0-8
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care
- Help children keep good hygiene
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents – vigilant safeguarding activities
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest.
- Some experience working with and engaging with children
- The ability to stay professional at all times
- Team working skills
- Communication and Listening skills
- The ability to be flexible and understanding
- Being positive and possessing a good sense of humour
- A willingness and passion to work within this sector
- Keen to learn and develop skills
- Good communicator
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 3 Early Years Educator
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5:30pm
Total hours per week: 40
Hourly Wage: £3.70
Weekly Wage: £148
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.