Nursery Nurse Apprentice
We are an Ofsted approved day nursery which provides care from the age of 4 weeks up to 12 years old. Our location has the most up-to-date finger print recognition technology to allow a controlled secure access. All room have CCTV monitoring to allow an extra peace of mind.
Our graduate lead team work closely with parents and carers to help your child achieve the best in life, supporting everyone in taking the next steps your child will need to reach their next stage of development.
The areas of learning are designed to create a bright, welcoming and homely feeling always inviting your child to feel comfortable and relaxed. All equipment is modern and age appropriate, located within reach to help stimulate all interests. We are situated within a large beautiful park which allows us to support your child in exploring new environments and experience the world outside.
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting. To give support to their staff within the setting. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn. To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be flexible within working practices
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre, etc.
- Undertaking other responsibilities where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Willingness to learn
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
- Have a good sense of humour
- Ability to work under pressure
- Friendly and outgoing
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 or 3 Childcare Educator
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Shift basis between the hours of - 7.30am – 6pm
Hours Per Week: 40
Hourly Wage: £3.90 per hour
Weekly Wage: £156
The apprenticeship could lead to full time employment, with the opportunity of job progressions.