Shanklin Day Nursery
Job Title: Nursery Nurse Apprentice
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 2 or Level 3
How long does it take? 12- 16 months plus additional 3 months for EPA
Who is it with? Shanklin Day Nursery
Where? 443 London Road, Leicester, LE2 3JW
Working Hours: Shanklin Day Nursery is open for 51 weeks per year
Monday to Friday 7.30am – 6.00pm (excluding bank holidays). Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Hourly Rate: £4.81 per hour
Reporting to: Siobhan
About The Employer:
Shanklin Day Nursery and Pre-school in Stoneygate, Leicester is a small, family run day nursery . We have been established since 1994 and provide a loving, stimulating and educational environment for children aged 0-5 years.
Shanklin Day Nursery is open for 51 weeks per year, Monday to Friday 7.30am – 6.00pm (excluding bank holidays).
We offer professional high standards of childcare and education in the Leicester area. This has been reflected in our consistently excellent Ofsted reports and our excellent reputation.
About the Role:
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting. To give support to their staff within the setting. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
And Day to Day?
To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Willingness to learn
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
- Have a good sense of humour
- Ability to work under pressure
- Friendly and outgoing
Ideally A*-C/9-4 in maths and English or equivalent.
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.