Creative Days Nursery is a privately owned nursery residing in the grounds of Heath Fields primary school, Field Avenue, Hatton, Derbyshire, offering quality childcare and education in a caring, friendly environment where the children feel relaxed, secure and content, developing each child’s personality, allowing them to grow at their own rate.
We have a large indoor play room and for outdoor play we have a large shaded area with lots of equipment for use in all weathers.
All our outside play areas are securely fenced. We are currently registered with Ofsted to care for 48 children, we offer wrap around care for children from birth – 12 years of age.
The nursery is open every day except for Bank holidays and for one week over Christmas. There is no charge for these, the nursery closes at 1pm on Christmas Eve.
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
If you’re successful with your application, you will be getting involved in the planning and running of playtime, meeting and greeting the parents and making sure the play areas are clean and safe. This means you need some excellent interpersonal skills – if you’re dealing with the parents of the children they need to be able to trust you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervising and playing with children (making sure you are engaging children in learning and play activities)
- Maintaining a high standard of care and safety within the nursery environment
- Showing professionalism and working as a team within room and as a whole nursery
- Showing good communication and listening skills
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the vision behind the nursery is fulfilled
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Willingness to learn
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 Early Years Educator
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7am and 6pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £146.25
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto the level 3 qualification. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.