Woodthorpe Day Nursery Ltd was opened in 1993 by the Proprietors, Mr and Mrs Turner. Kerry Turner took over as Manager in January 2013, and after working closely with the previous manager for the last 6 years, is committed to seeing the nursery continue to develop and improve on the very high standards already achieved ! Kerry obtained her Early Years Professional status in 2011 to add to the Business degree she had previously.
This is an exciting opportunity to begin a career working in a Early Years setting with young children whilst gaining experience as you learn. You will be on a Level 2 or Level 3 Apprenticeship in Childcare. Throughout your role you will be offered full training, support and guidance.
An ideal candidate will need some child care experience and be able to demonstrate that they are passionate about caring for children. As well as have an outgoing, fun, motivated attitude and being committed, punctual and reliable. The candidate will have or be able to complete a DBS check and have two satisfactory references.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supported supervision of children aged 0-8
- Supervising and monitoring the safety of the children
- Feeding and changing the children, as needed
- Planning day to day activities
- Building strong relationships with parents
- Keeping records of children’s progress, routines, and interests
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Willingness to learn
- Hard working and Reliable
- Organised and Punctual
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Friendly and Outgoing
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Some previous experience of working with children is desirable
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 or 3 Early Years Educator
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working on a shift basis 8am - 6pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £146.25
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress within the business. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.