The most important resource any organisation has is its staff, and we are incredibly fortunate to have a long serving and well established team (many of whom have been with us for over 10 years).
We are a highly-qualified team that is always challenging itself and striving towards excellence. This means our high standard of care is consistently improving due to the degree of experience, knowledge and the shared goals of our staff.
All staff members hold current safeguarding, first aid, food hygiene and safety certificates in addition to their professional qualifications.
All staff members hold current safeguarding, first aid, food hygiene and safety certificates in addition to their professional qualifications
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
If you’re successful with your application, you will be getting involved in the planning and running of playtime, meeting and greeting the parents and making sure the play areas are clean and safe. This means you need some excellent interpersonal skills – if you’re dealing with the parents of the children they need to be able to trust you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To be a key person.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Good listening skills
- Skills to help make a positive difference to the life of a child
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
- Willingness to learn
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 or 3 Childcare Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working on a shift basis between the hours of 7.30am-6pm
Total hours per week: between 37.5
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £146.25
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto further qualifications. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.