At Country Kids Day Nursery, we are proud to have a dedicated and trained team of childcare professionals. We provide a wide range of child care services for up to 47 children aged from 3 months to 5 years. You can count on us for the highest standard of child care.
To assist in this superior quality of care. In addition regular quality assurance audit tools are accessed to aid the delivery of our unique service and regular meetings are held with parents and other professionals to enable us to reflect on our practice.
Remember – Childcare is not a 9-5 job. It is very important that you have a passion for working with young children. The role will be lots of fun but it is still very important to remain professional. There will be lots to learn but don’t worry you won’t be expected to know everything from day one. The most important thing in this role will be that you are motivated to learn and excited to engage with children on a daily basis. If you’re still reading this and want to apply then we want to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure children are within a safe, caring environment following the settings safeguarding policy and procedures, under close staff supervision
- Assist staff to ensure children’s individual care plans and routines are met
- Provide and support stimulating activities to enhance children’s development
- Interact positively with children, parents, visitors and other staff members
- Make a positive contribution towards new ideas for activities and displays
- Carry out domestic duties to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- Meeting and greeting of children and parents
- Assisting children at mealtimes and preparing a hygienic environment
- Help to provide children with stimulating activities that relate to their interests and which promote development, linking to the EYFS
- Preparing resources and helping to create a warm, safe and friendly environment
- Record and share information to relevant people in a professional manner
- Gain knowledge from experienced staff using them as a positive role model
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Good listening skills
- Skills to help make a positive difference to the life of a child
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
- Willingness to learn
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 Early Years Educator
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Working days and hours to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £156
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto further qualifications. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.