Daisies objective is to provide a high standard of individualised care for your child. All children will enjoy a clean, smoke free environment and be treated with care, dignity, respect and sensitivity to meet their individual needs. Challenging activities will be provided to foster each child’s natural curiosity and problem solving abilities.
In order to achieve this, Daisies considers its management team and employees to be the key ingredient in the delivery of a quality service and believe the future success of the setting is dependent upon it delivering a skilled and educated workforce.
To assist in this superior quality care, Daisies has developed a comprehensive Operational Manual which is available to view. In addition regular quality assurance audit tools are accessed to aid the delivery of our unique service and regular meetings are held with parents and other professionals to enable us to reflect on our practice.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Apprentice Nursery Nurse will learn and be required to:
- Provide Children with a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities in line with the EYFS framework to meet the needs of the children within their age group
- Ensure observations/ evaluations are regularly completed and records are kept up to date
- Operate a key worker system and liaise with parents/carers about their child’s development and encourage them to participate in their child’s learning and development
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Willingness to learn
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 or 3 Early Years Educator
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working on a shift basis between 7.30am - 6pm
Total hours per week: 40
Wage per hour - £4.15
Weekly wage - £166
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto the higher qualifications. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.