Website Moir Medical Centre
Role: Medical Receptionist/Administrator
Apprenticeship: Either Level 2/3 Customer Services OR Level 3 Business Admin
Who is the Employer? Moira Medical Practice / Erewash Health Partnership
Total hours per week: 30 – 37.5hrs per week
Hours: Monday – Friday, working flexibly, between 8am – 6.30pm
Wage per hour: £4.81
About the Employer:
Moir Medical Centre is a constituent practice of Erewash Health Partnership. With a current patient list size of circa 13,000, they operate across 3 sites, with a main site is in Long Eaton and branch surgeries are situated in Sawley and Toton.
Moir Medical Centre has an experienced and friendly team of 41 staff (20 Clinical and 21 Non-Clinical) consisting of GP’s, Advance Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Administrators, Care Navigators and Medical secretaries.
Moir Medical Centre are a dedicated training practice who supports and educates doctors to complete General Practice Specialty Training, and therefore is the perfect setting to complete your Apprenticeship!
Due to continued growth, Moir Medical Centre is looking to expand its team, with a number of dedicated, self-motivated individuals to take on a blend of Administrative, Customer Services and Secretarial tasks.
As an Apprentice (Customer Services or Business Administration) completing either a Level 2 or level 3 apprenticeship qualification, you will be responsible for supporting the management functional within a busy local GP Practice. Please note, you will be required to work between two sites based in Long Eaton.
Day to Day, you will be:
- Supporting on reception during busier periods and covering annual leave and sickness
- Interacting with patients on a daily basis
- General office duties, Including filing, accurate record keeping, scanning
- Supporting financial administration, side of the business – inputting invoices onto the finance system
- Arranging, and attending meetings
- Stocking clinical rooms with all medical supplies, PPE etc.
- Supporting the practice with deliveries and stock control
- Maintaining confidentially at all times
- Supporting the branch surgery – Sawley and Toton Medical Centres
- Clinical Coding – reviewing Patient records/hospital referral notes, updating ‘System1’ with the relevant codes, i.e., medication, appointments, scans, medical complaints
- Managing practice ‘Workflow’ i.e., compiling relevant documents, letters, patients notes/referrals etc.
- Working hours are to be agreed between the above, with core hours tba
- As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
Desired Skills, Personal Qualities and Qualifications:
- Good keyboard skills; competent with using Microsoft packages
- Accurate data entry skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management
- Dependable and reliable
- Respectful, polite, and trustworthy
- A Team player, who values others
- Desired Qualifications: Ideally A* – C in Maths and English