Gerald Eve LLP
Job Title: Junior Business Rates Administrator
Apprenticeship Qualification: Business Administration L3
How long does it take? 18 months
Who is it with? Gerald Eve LLP
Where? 1 York Pl, Leeds LS1 2DR
Working Hours: 7.25 hours per day, with 1.25 hours for lunch in addition. We operate core hours between 10:00am and 16:00pm.
Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hourly Rate: £8.48
Reporting to: Gemma Stone
About The Employer:
Gerald Eve provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. We operate a national network of nine offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Our specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
Gerald Eve’s partners take pride in their reputation as leading experts and our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market. We offer comprehensive property advice to public and private sector clients, which includes over 40 of the FTSE100 and some of the largest property portfolios in the UK. Clients benefit from long-term trusted advisor relationships, with client teams providing advice across the full spectrum of property services.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, our size and open plan workspace which supports collaborative working. Gerald Eve thrives as a privately-owned partnership and the “we are all in this together” approach is respected across the business. Our values define our culture: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence. We are a previous Times 100 Best Employer and Estates Gazette Employer of the Year 2018. Our Diversity approach is central to the business, championed by our Senior Partner, Simon Prichard, who is currently Chair of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK and Ireland Board.
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business. We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Role:
Gerald Eve’s central business rates administration team currently comprises of 8 individuals across Leeds and Manchester. This role will have a focus on business rates administration for our clients.
And Day to Day?
- Entering new instructions, clients and contacts onto the CRM database.
- Entering and maintaining accurate up-to-date rating information on the firm’s extensive rating database.
- Maintaining accurate up-to-date record of departmental billing, both YTD and forecast.
- Preparing and generating invoices and billing guides from the firm’s computerised invoicing system.
- Pursuing rates refunds and issue of Notices from the Valuation Office Agency and Billing Authorities.
- Preparation of Valuation, Proof of Evidence and other reports as required.
- Tracking issued invoices and ensuring prompt payment.
- Ensuring Surveyors comply with the policies of the firm’s Quality Assurance certificate ISO 9001:2008.
- Regular and ad-hoc financial/rating reporting (internal and client facing).
- Liaising directly with clients on admin issues.
- Drafting correspondence under the direction of the Partners or Associates concerned.
- Copy typing using Microsoft 365.
- Taking and dealing with incoming telephone calls.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Filing, photocopying, binding.
- General office duties as allocated by the Office Administrator to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Working closely with the Office Administrator to provide an efficient support team for the office.
- Covering the Office Administrator and other duties over holiday periods.
- Organising diaries for the team (via Outlook), making meeting and travel arrangements, organising refreshments at meetings, as necessary.
- Commitment to developing technical knowledge and understanding of the professional environment in which clients and fee-earners operate and the issues which they face.
- Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
You’ll need to have/be:
- Good numeracy skills and confidence working with data.
- Able to use initiative to resolve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good administration and organisational skills to prioritise and ensure work is processed and commitments are met to agreed deadlines.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Accurate and with an eye for detail.
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
We are open to discussing permanent opportunities.
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life and Accident insurance
- Group income protection scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Wellbeing Allowance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.