Adam House and branch surgery Hillside Medical Centre are established GP practices that proudly serve Sandiacre and Stapleford area. Our practice is led by two highly specialised GP partners Dr A R Ali and Dr S Ullah.
We focus ourselves on patient led care by establishing and building strong patient GP relationships within the community. By doing so we are able to provide bespoke care to all of our patients.
We are looking to recruit an experienced GP receptionist to join our team. You will be responsible for maintaining a high level of quality reception service to visitors and will bring NHS experience to the medical centre. Experience of SystemOne GP is highly desirable but not essential as training will be given.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to all requests by patients requiring appointments with member of the clinical team, ensuring adherence to the practice protocol for booking appointments
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover, ensure procedures to add these patients to the clinical system are completed.
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors.
- Enter requests for home visits and telephone calls into the appointments system, including all relevant information and where necessary refer to the Duty Doctor.
- Ensure that requests for prescriptions are processed within the practice set time frame.
- Action requests for ambulance transportation and enter details in appropriate book,
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy.
- Ensure adequate supplies of stationary and relevant forms are available within the reception area.
Management of medical records:
- Ensure that the record is available for the Doctor in the instances of urgent consultation.
- Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring that strict alphabetical order is adhered to.
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc., are filed, where appropriate in the correct record or scanned in to the computerised medical record.
- Follow up any outstanding issues relating to patient correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Ensure records are kept neat and tidy and in good repair.
Operation of telephone system:
- Receive and make calls as required. Divert calls and take messages as appropriate.
- Ensure that system is operational at the beginning of each day and switched over to the out of hours / answering service when the practice is closed.
Start and end of day procedures:
- Open up premises at the start of day, set alarm to day function and make all necessary preparation to receive patients.
- Secure premises at end of day, ensure the building is totally secured; computers are logged out and switched off, internal lights off, doors locked and alarm activated.
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Good organisational skills
- Efficient on MS programmes including: Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of GP Practice clinical systems, ideally SystemOne
- Hard working
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Friendly and a good sense of humour
- Embraces change and challenges with a positive attitude
- Commitment to building positive working relationships with all staff
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications delivered:
Level 2 or 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills Maths ICT (If required)
Working week and salary:
Working days: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm - Occasional Saturdays
Working Hours - 37.5 p/w
Hourly Pay: £3.90
Weekly Wage: 146.25
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.