Job Title: Early Years Educator Apprentice (NVQ Level 3)
Apprenticeship Qualification: Early Years Educator Level 3 (must be level 2 qualified)
How long does it take? 16 months
Who is it with? Rocking Horse Day Nursery
Where? The Sure Start Centre, Broomhill Road, Hucknall, Nottingham NG15 6AJ
Working Hours: Shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 40.00
Hourly Rate: £4.15 per hour
Reporting to Nursery Manager
About The Employer:
Rocking Horse Nurseries – Private day care Nurseries in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Providing child care in a warm and welcoming environment. Located in Bulwell, Hucknall, Ilkeston and Kirkby-in-Ashfield.
Nursery Activities include:
We all have Madame Nathalie visit us once a week to teach us French in our Pre-School room. Our children learn the French language through singing, worksheets, action songs and discussion times. They become confident with colours, shapes, numbers and French songs. At our Christmas carol concert, the children perform a song in French for their families to see. When the children leave Pre-School to go on to school they receive a certificate for their achievements in French.
At Bulwell, Ilkeston & Broomhill Vicky from Wiggly Tots teaches our children dance once a week. The children enjoy exploring new dance moves whilst listening to music. They learn about warm up exercises and cooling down after dancing. The children also learn about the health benefits that physical exercise has on their bodies and hold discussions about how the sessions make them feel.
About the Role:
You will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children within your care, and support the wider team within the setting. Together with the team, you will provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop, and learn. You will focus on building and maintaining strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
Duties will include:
- Helping to set up activities for the children.
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others.
- Supporting children at meal times and assisting with eating and drinking.
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children.
- Helping children to sing, read, count and join in with imaginative play.
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times.
- Helping to plan activities and games.
- Tidying away after an activity is finished.
- Any other duties requested by the manager.
You will need:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Confident and common sense
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Good organisation and planning skills
AND, Will be someone WHO …
- Holds a passion for education and educating our children
- Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves
- Is articulate & friendly
- Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
- Holds a passion for learning about Childcare and reliable to boot
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
- Level 2 Childcare qualification
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.