CT Skills is a family-owned training and recruitment provider with over 20 years’ experience in delivering a variety of programmes for the benefit of people and businesses across the Midlands.
With the 10th largest Adult Education Budget of any ITP in the country, we are able to offer in excess of 40 classroom courses every month.
Our classroom provision is only part of our success with 100% of apprentices stating they are happy with their overall learning experience in our latest 2018/19 Satisfaction Survey.
Working as part of this important team you will be required to carry out the following duties. The post holder will be expected to use all trust standard computer hardware and software packages where appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Following procedures to ensure all start and progress data is processed on the relevant systems accurately and to meet deadlines. Liaising with staff to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Booking and monitoring tests and ensuring set criteria is met
- Follow internal and awarding body procedures and rules to ensure that all relevant tests are booked, completed and sent off correctly and to meet deadlines. Liaise with awarding bodies and staff to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Maintaining and improve knowledge on all contracts
- Attending meetings/training and researching. Have sufficient knowledge to recognise and solve any issues that may arise.
- Ensuring that all claim/upload deadlines are met
- Ensure data is clean and accurate by deadlines. Able to interpret data reports to assist in cleansing of data.
- Register and claim learners with the Awarding Bodes
- Follow internal and awarding body procedures and rules to ensure that all relevant learners are registered and fees claimed at the relevant times. Liaise with awarding bodies and staff to resolve any issues that may arise.
- General administration duties
- Using the phone, photocopying, filing, shredding, sorting and distributing post, archiving etc. Contacting staff, external parties and learners to resolve queries or to give information.
- Contributes to continuous improvement through self assessment and shared best practice:
- Identify standards of service and raising them where possible; Continuously monitor performance against targets and identify best practice; Participate in company activities designed to externally accredit and monitor our performance across a range of standards.
- To complete any other tasks by required to execute the role
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Good organisational skills
- Efficient on MS programmes including: Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Hard working
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Embraces change and challenges with a positive attitude
- Commitment to building positive working relationships with all staff
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications delivered:
Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills Maths ICT (If required)
Working week and salary:
Working days: Monday to Friday, flexible hours between 8.30am-4.30pm
Working Hours - 37 p/w
Hourly Pay: National Minimum Wage
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.
Things to Consider:
DBS clearance will be required due to access to personal data