Website The Nottingham Building Society
A Confident Communicator? A People Person? Dedicated to delivering the very best Customer Service?
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to embark on your career with an established, leading, not to mention employer, then this could be the opportunity for you!
What is the Role? Customer Service Assistant
What is the Apprenticeship Qualification? Customer Services Specialist Level 3 (16 months)
- Annual Salary: £12,500 (+ an allowance of £1500; an annual top up, paid monthly, not pensionable etc.)
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Total Weekly Hours: 35
Who is it with? The Nottingham Building Society (St. Albans)
4 St Peters Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 3LF
About the Employer:
The Nottingham Building Society has been carefully managing its members money, since 1849! A mutual building society (which means it is owned by its members) The Nottingham Building Society, is not like a bank, it doesn’t have shareholders, and so doesn’t have to pay dividends, and instead it passes on its profits and extra benefits to its members.
Being smart with money, in fact being smart with everything it does, is in its DNA – for over 170 years The Nottingham Building Society has helped its members to own their own homes and manage their finances. Today, it is a top 10 building society (customer feedback is 78%) with assets of £4.9bn, employing 500+ staff, and providing services (savings, mortgages, insurance, and financial planning) from all its branches across Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Staffordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and the wider UK.
Both its branches, and its staff are vital to the successful operation, and growth of the business. The role of Customer Services Assistant with The Nottingham Building Society is perhaps the most important; you are the face of the business, the face of the brand, you will live and breathe its values and ensure that Members receive excellent customer service from every visit, whether that be from resolving their queries or signposting them as appropriate. The Nottingham Building Society’s ‘ARROWS’ Values underpin all it does, these are:
- We are Accountable
- We are Relevant
- We are Respectful
- We are Open
- We Work Together
- We Support our Communities
About the St. Albans branch:
Just 20 miles north-west of London, it’s an area steeped in history. It was the first market town (now a city) on the Roman road Watling Street and was previously known as the Roman city of Verulamium. The mixed contrast of past and present in St Albans has made it a popular filming location, with scenes from TV programmes Inspector Morse and Foyle’s War as well as parts of films Johnny English and Birthday Girl recorded in the city.
Our St Albans branch has a high street location, on St Peters Street, across from the market place and close to a pharmacy, card shop, book store, restaurants, museum and gallery. The team of customer services experts are happy to help, whether that’s with information about a new ISA, assisting in finding you the right mortgage through our mortgage partner or discussing a funeral plan.
The Role itself:
As Customer Service Assistant, you will act as a first point of contact for all customers, resolving customer queries either yourself, or referring to your manager/colleagues as appropriate. You will identify opportunities through introductory fact finds, for referrals and sales whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
Working alongside a Customer Service Consultant, and reporting directly to the Assistant/Branch Manager, you will be responsible for the following, day to day:
- Welcoming customers to the branch, always providing excellent customer service
- Following up all enquiries for building society and estate agency products/services in a timely and professional manner, escalating and sign posting where appropriate
- Identifying opportunities for business from both new and existing customers
- Achieving sales and appointment generation targets for all products and services
- Carrying out customer transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Contacting customers (via phone) to both maintain customer service and generate interest in new products and services
- Handle daily enquiries from new applicants, ensuring details are recorded accurately and are in line with compliance/data protection
- Carrying out all necessary administration activities
- Updating and maintaining customer records in a timely and accurate manner
To be considered for the role, you’ll need:
Qualifications & Experience:
- GCSE A* to C in English and ideally Maths – ideal but not essential
- Some form of Customer Services experience (preferred)
- A people person, passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Naturally inquisitive, able to match customer needs with our products and be able to recommend our offerings
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; face to face, written and via phone / email
- Extremely organised, able to balance your workload with deadlines
- A natural problem solver with an aptitude for translating customer needs in to financial solutions
- A Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Motivated and driven
- Hard working
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Punctual and Committed
- Happy to try new things and accept challenges
- Happy accompany colleagues on site visits
And in Return:
You will receive full Training in order to gain an NVQ Level 3 Customer Services Specialist Qualification (Level 2 Functional Skills English & Maths is available if required) from a dedicated CT Skills Trainer Assessor. Plus, whether you have previous experience in a similar role or transferable skills from another industry, The Nottingham Building Society will give you access to the very best training programmes the industry has to offer and ongoing support and development so that you can always act within your customer’s best interest.
In addition, you will have access to a full range of industry leading benefits, including:
- Discounts – Estate agency fees, Mortgage Advice, Home Insurance
- Financial Services – Pensions, Life Assurance etc.
- Social – Social events, Discounted tickets for sporting events, Volunteering Days and Community Involvement
- Recognition – Rewards for Long Service
- Healthcare – various health benefits including Medicash and Gym Membership
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for and you believe you’re the right candidate for us, then please apply now!