At The Nottingham, we pride ourselves on looking after our customers’ money. It’s something we have been doing successfully since 1849. We’re a mutual building society, which means we are owned by our members. Unlike banks, we don’t have shareholders and therefore don’t pay dividends. It means our profits and extra benefits can be passed on to customers through things like lower mortgages and higher savings rates. Being smart with money is in our DNA - for over 165 years we have helped our customers own their own homes, provided a safe and secure place for their savings and supported them in managing their finances.
Do you enjoy interacting with people and providing excellent levels of customer service? Are you looking to develop a career within a leading building society?
The Apprentice Customer Services Assistant position is vital to our organisation; you will be the first face and contact in our Shepshed. You will live and breathe our values and ensure that our Members receive excellent customer service from every visit, whether that be from resolving their queries or signposting them as appropriate.
During your 12-15 month apprenticeship we will ensure that you receive the very best support, training and development so that you can develop your skills and act within the customer’s best interests.
The Nottingham, who are we? We are Accountable, Relevant, Respectful, Open, we Work Together and we Support our Communities, these values form the foundations of our Doing the Right Thing culture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers to the branch
- Carry out customer transactions using the branch system in an accurate and timely manner
- Proactively identifying opportunities for business from new and existing customers whilst maintaining excellent customer service
- Working to targets to achieve referrals and appointments for all products and services
- Booking meetings for the customer with the Customer Services Consultant to discuss home insurance and financial planning in further detail
- Conduct outbound calling to maintain customer service and generate new business opportunities
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- A people person, passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Enthusiastic approach
- Genuine desire to work in the sector
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications delivered:
Level 2 Intermediate Customer Service Apprentice
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working week and salary:
Working days: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm and Saturday, 9am - 2pm
Working Hours - 35 p/w
Hourly Wage: £6.50
Weekly Wage: £230
Annual Salary: £12,000
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.