What is a Pre Apprenticeship Placement?
Childcare is a highly popular sector and securing an apprenticeship or entry level role can be challenging. A Pre Apprenticeship programme ensures you have the knowledge and qualifications that employers in the sector are looking for. As part of the programme you will be matched with a local Childcare provider who will offer you a valuable Pre Apprenticeship Placement for a number of weeks.
If you like the sound of the employer below, you can apply to be matched to this Pre Apprenticeship Placement.
At Daisies Day Nursery, our objective is to provide a high standard of individualised care for your child. All children at our nursery will enjoy a clean and stimulating environment and be treated with care, dignity, respect and sensitivity to meet their individual needs. We regularly organise challenging activities to foster each child's natural curiosity and problem solving abilities. We are very proud to announce that we received an outstanding grading from OFSTED.
We cater to clients in Gedling, Lambley, Arnold, Carlton, Burton Joyce, Netherfield, Mapperley and Colwick.
We are looking for individuals who can work with and support children within a nursery setting. As well as being able to strive to build and maintain strong associations with parents/carers. You will gain great work experience within a childcare setting and gain a Level 1 in Working with children, E3/L1 Digital Skills Qualification (to be confirmed 16-18), E3 Employability and Function skills in Maths & English if required
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide children with a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities in line with the EYFS framework to meet the needs of the children within their age group
- Ensure observations/evaluations are regularly completed and records are kept up to date
- Operate a keyworker system and liaise with parents/carers about their child’s development and encourage them to participate in their child’s learning and development
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
No experience or qualifications are needed for this placement.
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
- Level 1 Working With Children
- Entry 3 or Level 1 Digital Skills Qualification (to be confirmed 16-18)
- Entry 3 Employability
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
- Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Working Week and Duration on Placement:
You will attend your placement 2 days a week for approximately 9 weeks.
A Pre Apprenticeship could lead to wider possibilities and even a full time apprenticeship course alongside a long term position within the sector.