What is a Pre Apprenticeship Placement?
Childcare is a highly popular sector and securing an apprenticeship or entry level role can be challenging. A Pre Apprenticeship programme ensures you have the knowledge and qualifications that employers in the sector are looking for. As part of the programme you will be matched with a local Childcare provider who will offer you a valuable Pre Apprenticeship Placement for a number of weeks.
If you like the sound of the employer below, you can apply to be matched to this Pre Apprenticeship Placement.
We are a small family owned children’s day nursery, established since 1995 and located in the rural village of Repton, Derbyshire. The nursery enjoys the benefits of bright airy rooms, a large outdoor garden offering a huge variety of exciting resources for the children to explore and discover. The staff at Woodend pride themselves in being caring and nurturing, creating a warm and safe environment for children aged from 0-8 years old.
We are looking for individuals who can work with and support children within a nursery setting. As well as being able to strive to build and maintain strong associations with parents/carers. You will gain great work experience within a childcare setting and gain a Level 1 in Working with children, E3/L1 Digital Skills Qualification (to be confirmed 16-18), E3 Employability and Function skills in Maths & English if required
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Helping to set up activities for the children
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
- Supporting children at meal times and assisting with eating and drinking
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
- Helping children to read, sing, count and join in with imaginative play
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
- Helping to plan activities and games
- Carrying out observations with qualified staff
- Learning how to communicate with parents and guardians
- Tidying away after an activity is finished
- Making sure children feel safe, loved, happy and content
- Any other duties as requested by your Manager
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Willingness to learn
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
No experience or qualifications are needed for this placement.
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
- Level 1 Working With Children
- Entry 3 or Level 1 Digital Skills Qualification (to be confirmed 16-18)
- Entry 3 Employability
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
- Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Working Week and Duration on Placement:
You will attend your placement 2 days a week for approximately 9 weeks.
A Pre Apprenticeship could lead to wider possibilities and even a full time apprenticeship course alongside a long term position within the sector.