Job Title: Childcare Apprentice
Apprenticeship Qualification: Early Years Practitioner Level 2 OR Educator Level 3
How long does it take? 12 - 16 months
Who is it with? Kingfisher Day Nursery Ltd.
Where? Thorneywood, Nottingham
Working Hours: 30 hours a week, Monday to Friday – specific hours to be agreed.
Hourly Rate: £4.15 per hour
Reporting to: Nursery Management Team
About the Employer:
We are a home from home nursery that provide the best care and support for both children and their carers. We have 4 rooms that ranges up to 11yrs.
All our children are based in age banded rooms to ensure we can meet their needs. Children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage which ensures they are learning through play, tailored to their individual needs and development. Our rooms are large, bright and airy and offer a wide range of activities on a daily basis i.e. creative play, sand, water, imaginative and construction areas, along with quieter areas for relaxation and concentration. There are also well stocked outdoor areas.
About the Role:
- The perfect start for anyone in childcare! Working within a friendly and supportive nursery, you’ll have the opportunity to complete your Level 2 (or Level 3 depending on experience) Childcare Qualification whilst supporting team of childcare professionals. Reliable, motivated and friendly, you’ll be responsible for the very best provision of childcare.
And Day to Day?... you will find yourself:
- Welcoming of parents, children, and visitors to the nursery
- Caring for all children across a range of ages
- Setting up activities and supporting children’s involvement in activities
- Assisting children at meal and snack times
- Supporting children at nap times
- Following all nursery policies and procedures including Safeguarding of the setting and Health and Safety of the children's environment
- Some basic cleaning duties will also be involved
You’ll need to have:
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above, or equivalent)
- Ideally some experience of working with and looking after young children
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Report writing and note taking skills
- Awareness of safeguarding
- A mature, responsible attitude
As well as having…..
- A Genuine desire to work in the childcare sector, and a passion to provide the very best care for young children that you can
- An ability to communicate on a variety of levels (between parents, children and colleagues
- A good sense of humour
- An ability to work under pressure
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.