Website The Learning Tree
Early Years teamwork
Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 3 Early Years Educator (must be level 2 qualified already)
How long does it take? 16 months with additional 3 months for EPA
Who is it with? The Learning Tree Nursery
Where? 10 Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 1FW
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 6pm on a shift basis
Hourly Rate: £4.30 per hour
Reporting to: Nursery Manager
About The Employer:
The Learning Tree 1 is a converted house situated on two floors. The nursery has been established since 1997 and caters for children aged six weeks to eight years.
The nursery has 4 areas, a Baby room, a Toddler room an area for the 2-3 years, an area for 3-5 years (Pre-school). Using the different areas in the nursery allows the children to access a wide range of equipment that is age and stage appropriate. The large outdoor play area consists of a digging area, climbing frames, grass area and growing area.
About the Role:
As an Apprentice Nursery Assistant, you will ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery. You will also give support to other personnel within the nursery and implement the daily routine in the base room.
And Day to Day?
- To operate a number of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff members
- To keep a record of achievement, for the children and be able to relay the relevant information back to the parents/ carers
- To support all staff and engage in effective teamwork
- To attend all out of work activities (for example training, monthly staff meetings, parent/ carer evenings, summer fayre and Christmas parties)
- To be flexible and willing within working practices of the nursery (preparation of snacks, meals, cleansing of equipment)
- Work alongside the manager and other staff members to ensure that the nursery is fulfilling the philosophy it works towards
- Keeping an up-to-date record of accidents, ensuring the nursery is in compliance with the health and safety regulations
- To respect confidentiality of information received
- To specifically ensure that all of the children’s needs are met
And what about YOU?
You’ll need to BE:
- Keen to learn and develop.
- Team working skills
- Basic knowledge of health and safety
- Positive Attitude
- Basic knowledge of safeguarding
And HAVE the following Qualifications:
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner – ESSENTIAL
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.