Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Apprenticeship Qualification: NVQ Level 3 Early Years Educator
How long does it take? 16 months
Who is it with? The Learning Tree
Where? Sutton One, 10 Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, NG17 1FW
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 6pm on a shift basis / 40 hour per week
Hourly Rate: £4.15
So, who is the Employer?
The nursery has been established since 1997 and caters for children aged six weeks to eight years. The Learning Tree 1 is a converted house situated on two floors, and has 4 areas, including:
- Baby room
- Toddler room an area for the 2-3 years
- An area for 3-5 years (Pre-school)
Using the different areas in the nursery allows the children to access a wide range of equipment that is age and stage appropriate. The large outdoor play area consists of a digging area, climbing frames, grass area and growing area.
About the Role:
As an Apprentice Nursery Assistant, you will ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery. You will also give support to other personnel within the nursery and implement the daily routine in the base room.
And Day to Day?
- Whilst your responsibilities will of course change as you develop your skills, gain experience and confidence, your primary focus as an Apprentice Nursery Assistant will be to:
- Operate a number of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff members
- Keep a record of achievement, for the children and be able to relay the relevant information back to the parents/ carers
- Support all staff and engage in effective teamwork
- Attend all out of work activities (for example training, monthly staff meetings, parent/ carer evenings, summer fayre and Christmas parties)
- Be flexible and willing within working practices of the nursery (preparation of snacks, meals, cleansing of equipment)
- Work alongside the manager and other staff members to ensure that the nursery is fulfilling the philosophy it works towards
- Keep an up-to-date record of accidents, ensuring the nursery is in compliance with the health and safety regulations
- Respect confidentiality of information received
- Specifically ensure that all the children’s needs are met
So, what about you?
Of course, any previous childcare experience and/or relevant qualification would be great, but what is really important, is that you have a genuine interest in childcare and desire to work with young children.
You’ll need to have/be:
- Good team working skills
- Basic knowledge of health and safety
- Positive Attitude
- Basic knowledge of safeguarding
- Ideally A* - C in Maths and English
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.