Andrea Banyard Childminding is an Ofsted registered childminder based in the derby area. Ofsted rating good. All staff are trained to the highest standards which in turn leads to an outstanding work force and outstanding care for the children. We all hold first aid training and all staff are DBS checked.
To assist in this superior quality of care. In addition regular quality assurance audit tools are accessed to aid the delivery of our unique service and regular meetings are held with parents and other professionals to enable us to reflect on our practice.
Remember – Childcare is not a 9-5 job. It is very important that you have a passion for working with young children. The role will be lots of fun but it is still very important to remain professional. There will be lots to learn but don’t worry you won’t be expected to know everything from day one. The most important thing in this role will be that you are motivated to learn and excited to engage with children on a daily basis. If you’re still reading this and want to apply then we want to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide high quality care at all times
- Listening to, encouraging, enabling, stimulating and ensuring the safe keeping of the children.
- Provision of refreshments, encouraging healthy eating and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- To ensure a safe environment for children including
- Feeding and changing the children, as needed
- Planning day to day activities
- Building strong relationships with parents
- Keeping records of children’s progress, routines, and interests
- Tidying up play/food area after children
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Good listening skills
- Skills to help make a positive difference to the life of a child
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
- Willingness to learn
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 3 Early Years Educator
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, 7am - 5.30pm
Total hours per week: between 30-40
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £117 - £156
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto further qualifications. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.