Website CCT Community Enablement Team
Community based care
Job Title: Business Apprentice
Apprenticeship Qualification: Business Admin LEVEL 3
How long does it take? 16 – 18 Months
Company Name: CCT Community Enablement Team Ltd
Address: Enablement Care
Brook Street, Sutton in Ashfield, NG17 1ES
Working Hours: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday Between 0900-17.00
Hourly Rate: £6.50 p/h
Reporting to: Registered CARE Manager
About the Employer:
A family run business, CCT Community Enablement Team has progressed throughout the last few years to provide a comprehensive and person-centred service for both adults and children in the community in the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire area.
CCT Community Enablement Team believe in agreeing on contracts that suit the needs of the individual service user, and therefore promoting a person-centred approach. To support this the team aims to promote a minimum of a one-hour call to allow time for a dignified and choice led session.
CCT Community Enablement Team offers unique and innovative approaches to support in the community as well as Residential Care, Respite Care, and specialist Consultancy & Training. The Team prides itself on being bespoke and offering flexible ways of supporting both adults and children.
Current Staff numbers and team culture:
You will be joining an established, experienced team, working in a faced paced and busy environment, supporting them across all administrative and office tasks associated with complex needs care. Our team is highly qualified, committed, and experienced. All our staff are trained and committed to supporting individuals with a range of complex needs and work hard to ensure that they create a bond with service users to meet all their needs and security. We provide Personal, Health and Social Education (PHSE) tailored for the individuals’ needs.
Our staff are recruited, supported, and trained to:
- Treat people with dignity and respect
- Focus on people’s potential and strengths
- Value each person as a unique individual
- Listen non-judgementally to people’s experiences
- Be genuinely concerned for the person’s wellbeing
- Be creative and innovative when supporting someone to realise their potential.
About the Role:
Working as an Apprentice Administration Assistant, you will provide direct support to the Administrator, Care and General Management teams. You will ensure the smooth running of the companies’ administration systems and keep in line with current CQC regulations, as well as ensuring the care team have the correct administrational support to complete their jobs successfully.
And Day to Day?…. You’ll be responsible for:
- Keeping files up to date
- Dealing with the potential staff applications before, during and after interview stage including all correspondence, keeping staff files up to date, completing and tracking references
- Managing the companies archiving system keeping in line with time frames and legislations relating to the storage of private and confidential records
- Filing all Service User, staff and company documents in the necessary folders, other general administration tasks such as photocopying, shredding, laminating etc.
- Ensuring all monthly files are created and have correct forms for staff / Service Users to complete
- Typing up any correspondence / relevant information passed from the management team, memorandums, letters to external companies / staff daily
- Answering telephone calls / the door and directing as necessary
- Arranging rooms for meetings and minuting if necessary
- Creating new forms and amending old ones as required by the care team
- Completing any training as required
- Keeping all office areas clean and tidy
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary by the management team
- Making company ID for all staff
- Greeting and ensuring all visitors sign into the office and have refreshments
To be Considered, you’ll need to have/be:
- Competent user of Microsoft office (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly organised and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate at all levels – written and oral
- Ability to remain confidential, discrete, and professional at all times
- Able to work in a changing environment – busy environment
- You will have a full UK Driving License (whilst you will predominately be based at the main site, you might from time to time be asked to go out into community care, or visit a day service)
- You must be willing to be Covid vaccinated, as the role is based in a Care Home
- You will need to be 18+
Based within a care home environment, whilst you won’t have any direct work with the service users there is a fair amount of interaction; the service is 23 bed, half elderly and half younger adults with learning disability / physical disability.
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a chance of a permanent post within the business.