Business Administration Apprentice
We supply the leading OEMs in some of the most demanding applications in the world with fabrics and composites. Our global manufacturing footprint includes world-class facilities in North America, Europe and Asia enabling us to support our customers around the globe.
Fabric technologies include warp, weft insertion and circular knit, as well as woven constructions to create limitless styles of fabric ranging from rigid to flexible, heavy to lightweight, tricot to double needle bar spacer fabrics. Guilford is also one of the world’s leading producers of textile composites with flame, adhesive and flatbed lamination capabilities.
Bring us your most challenging textile application and let us show you what Guilford can do!
To complete an Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Business Administration. To meet Company and apprenticeship learning objectives in each department.
The apprentice will spend up to 12 weeks in a variety of departments as they move around the administrative functions of the business. The apprentice will be able to select several departments to work in, including; Reception, Design, R&D, Quality, Customer Services, Planning, Finance, and Purchasing.
Achieve the Company and apprentice learning objectives as described in your Apprenticeship Learning Plan. Make a productive contribution to each department that you work in. Follow work instructions as directed by your Department Manager or Supervisor. Collate a ‘work diary’ with accompanying evidence of the activities and learning points daily or weekly as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Learning how to use Company ICT systems
- Greeting and directing visitors
- Data input and manipulation to produce reports
- Answering, screening and transferring telephone calls
- Photocopying documents
- Keep accurate records
- Job shadowing and assisting fellow team members
- Attending and contributing to meetings
- Delivering presentations
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required
- Desire to show initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- Competent with the use of all Microsoft packages
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- Confidence with dealing with people on a regular basis
- Able to get on with tasks without requiring constant supervision
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Confident and mature
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
GCSE A* to C in English or equivalent
A-Levels are desirable
Level 3 Advanced Business Administration Standard
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, 9am – 5pm
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours
Hourly Wage: £7.50
Weekly Wage: £281.25
This employer prides themselves in developing the staff they employ. This wouldn’t be just a job, it will be a career that you can pride yourself with and develop yourself within the business.