Business Administration Apprenticeship
John Taylor Multi Academy Trust is an education charity consisting of 12 schools which are a mixture of secondary, primary, infant, nursery, church and non-faith schools and includes a 1550 student Secondary Free school which opened in September 2018. By 1 November 2019, we will have grown to 14 schools. The Trust has been announced as the successful sponsor for two further primary schools – one opening in September 2021 and one in September 2022. The Trust has a single legal and moral purpose to advance education for the benefit of the children who attend its schools.
‘We believe in the power of education to improve lives – and the world’
This statement is at the heart of the John Taylor story. We are driven to ensure that our community can realise its true
potential through learning. This is our mission. To that end, we provide the experiences, resources, structures and systems to enable all to engage, all to progress, all to achieve.
We are currently seeking a dedicated individual to take on this new position of Business Administration Apprentice within the JTMAT Central Team, on a level 3 apprenticeship which has been created as a result of the Trust’s growth. As Business Administrator, you will be involved in all aspects of Clerical and administrative work. To begin with, the employee will be expected to be trained and learn the duties they will complete such as:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide routine clerical/administrative support eg photocopying, filing, emailing, completing routine forms, responding to routine correspondence.
- Undertake more complex typing, word processing and other IT based tasks involving the use of Word, Excel and internet-based applications.
- Undertake routine administrative procedures eg helping to organise events, catering and interview arrangements.
- Accompany Trust staff to events and/or meetings, take notes and prepare minutes.
- Assist with the distribution of Trust Board minutes, reports and circulars.
- Undertake research as required to inform the creation of Trust documents and policy.
- Assist with the design and production of brochures, event programmes, posters, banners and displays.
- Maintenance of office stock and supplies.
- Assist with setting up and clearing away after meetings.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work effectively under pressure
- Confident telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Efficient on MS programmes including: Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C/9-4 Maths and English or equivalent
Some form of work experience in an office is desirable but not essential.
Level 3 qualifications is essential (A Levels, Level 3 BTEC's etc.)
A full UK driving licence is desirable but not essential.
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 3 Business Administration Standard
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working pattern to be agreed with successful applicant
*Term time only*
Total hours per week: 30
Wage per hour - £7.70 payable over 45.08 weeks per year (actual pro-rata salary is £10,413 pa)
Weekly wage - £231
This is an apprenticeship position with the opportunity of progression if you prove to be a valuable member of the team. Opportunity for pay increments based on performance indicators during the apprenticeship.