Business Administration Apprentice
Based in Nottinghamshire, at the heart of the East Midlands, Infinite AV Ltd is a specialist in the supply, installation and maintenance of high-quality Sound, Vision, Lighting and CCTV equipment. We are a small-business, but we operate on a Nationwide scale in order to provide full coverage to the UK within various sectors and our current and previous clientele includes schools, pubs/bars, nightclubs, restaurants, leisure/holiday parks etc.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out a variety of administrative tasks within the office in order to support the day-to-day operations of the company.
We’re a small office that works closely together, we’re able to have a bit of a laugh and socialise within the office environment (and sometimes outside of the office) but we work in an environment that is very fast-paced and constantly changing meaning that the individual would need to be able to respond to enquiries quickly, adapt to changes, prioritise workload etc and although we do work well as a team it can sometimes be quite a quiet, focussed and individually driven environment as the situation demands.
Our ideal applicant will have ‘can do’ attitude and positive outlook, they won’t just be willing to learn they’ll be motivated to succeed with a clear desire to achieve. They should be able to get on with tasks without being asked and after some experience/training/coaching, should be able to make informed decisions and judgement calls based on information at hand, previous experience etc without needing constant supervision.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Answering the telephone and responding to e-mail enquiries in a courteous and helpful manner
- Welcoming guests (such as clients, suppliers etc) to the premises, offering refreshments (tea, coffee, water etc) and showing them to scheduled meetings.
- Signing for incoming parcels from couriers and keeping a record of mail/parcels received.
- Logging work orders received into the case management system.
- Updating the case management system as required (such as when an engineer attends, when parts are ordered, if further works are required, if we speak to site/head office etc).
- Adding outstanding cases to the job planning board.
- Updating the shared google calendar with annual leave, scheduled work, deadlines/key dates etc
- Ensuring that signed service call/installation sheets are received from engineers/subcontractors for all work completed and that these are filed appropriately.
- Ordering parts and materials from suppliers as directed.
- Making telephone calls to suppliers, customers and engineers as required.
- Making travel arrangements (predominantly hotels, occasionally trains/flights etc)
- Arranging for the collection/delivery of faulty parts to go back to the manufacturer/service centres for warranty repairs and keeping records of this and updating as necessary.
- Reviewing/processing of the engineer’s expense cards, fuel cards, mobile contracts and other expense claims.
- Booking training courses as required and checking staff certifications are up to date.
- Assisting with driving licence checks and vehicle checks.
- General office tasks – keeping areas clean, tidy and organised, photocopying, shredding, printing, filing etc)
- Checking any invoices received and entering them into the Sage Accounts software.
- Ensuring that invoices received are filed/stored appropriately.
- Making payments as directed by line manager.
- Producing invoices to be sent out to customers in line with invoicing process.
From time-to time the office administrator may also be required to help perform other reasonable job-related tasks as requested by the management team.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good keyboard skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels, both internal and external
- Strong organisational skills
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Hard working
- Professional and presentable
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Bubbly and outgoing
Desired Knowledge and Qualifications:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 3 Business Administration
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Health and Safety Induction (Internal, ROSPA approved)
Manual Handling (Internal, ROSPA approved)
Slips, Trips and Falls (Internal, ROSPA approved)
Fire Safety (Internal, ROSPA approved)
Display Screen Equipment (Internal, ROSPA approved)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Hourly Wage: £4.00
Weekly Wage: £150
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.