We are a well-qualified, forward thinking, multi-skilled team, based in a modern, spacious premises (built in 2006) providing friendly, accessible services ensuring continuity of care. We work collaboratively within a wider health community and strive to provide quality care closer to home.
The doctors and nurses in the practice take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
To provide administrative support and services to all members of the Practice team.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Contact patients to arrange medication reviews, minor operations and chronic disease reviews
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Receive and make telephone calls as required.
- Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Enter requests for home visits onto the clinical system, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are sent electronically via EPS within 48 hours
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
- Monitoring progress of notes summarising against Practice targets
- Monitoring patient call and recall systems
- Monitoring the Practice’s progress with regards to QoF (Quality and Outcome Framework)
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Extraction of necessary data from clinical correspondence and input into Electronic Patient Record
- Electronically file copies of hospital referrals
- Electronically file hospital letters
- Scanning of letters and relevant correspondence into patient’s notes
- Summarisation of patient’s notes when requested
- Carrying out searches, audits and recalls as required by the clinical team and managers
- Photocopying of data
- Ensuring security of data at all times
- Undertaking any other additional duties as requested by the Partners or the Practice Manager
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management
- Competent with using Microsoft packages
- Honest, Trustworthy & Reliable
- Professional and well presented
- Good Communication skills
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Self confident, outgoing with a big personality!
- Good attitude to working under pressure
- Punctual and committed
- Willing to learn
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
GCSE A* to C in English and ideally Maths - MUST have ENGLISH
Some form of work experience within administration and/or customer facing role would be hugely beneficial, but not essential
Experience of taking calls or speaking with the public in previous roles would be ideal
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 3 Business Administration
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills ICT (if required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working flexibly between 8am - 5.30pm, working hours are to be agreed between the above and core hours will be set
Total hours per week: 37.5
Wage per hour: £4.15 (will be reviewed every 3 months)
Weekly wage: £155
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.