Nottingham University Samworth Academy
Employer: Nottingham University Samworth Academy, part of Nova Education Trust
Job Title: Business Administration Apprentice
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 3 Business Administration
Duration: Between 12 – 18 Months
Where: Bramhall Road, Bilborough, Nottingham, NG8 4HY
Salary: Wage per Hour: £4.81
Working Hours & Days: Monday – Thursday 8am to 4pm / Friday 8am to 3:30pm
Hours per week: 37
About Employer: Who are we?
Nottingham University Samworth Academy provides a caring community for students to grow, learn and achieve together, both academically and as young people.
Every child has the ability to succeed and it is our aim to ensure that all pupils reach their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
NUSA is a member of the Nova Education Trust, and we work closely with our partner academies to ensure our pupils benefit from the experiences and expertise from across our trust. NUSA also benefits from the continued support of its founding members, the University of Nottingham and the Samworth Trust.
We are proud of our school and invite you to join our future success.
Full Job Description:
We are currently seeking a dedicated individual to take on the position of Reception & Business Administrator within the Admin Team, on a level 3 apprenticeship. As a Reception & Business Administrator, you will be the first face many of our visitors see, you’ll be key to all aspects of the smooth running of reception. You will also be involved in helping with the administration involved in running a busy school. To begin with, the employee will be expected to be trained and learn the Reception duties they will complete, as detailed in the role and responsibilities below.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reception duties, including (but not limited to) greeting visitors, ensuring they are correctly signed in and then signing them out upon departure.
- Dealing with face to face enquiries on reception.
- Professionally answering the phone, taking messages and passing them to the relevant person.
- Taking deliveries.
- Using IT systems to draft letters, emails, reports, newsletters, maintain records
- Helping to administer Student records and processes
- Monitoring school supplies
- Handling cash and keeping financial records
- Keeping paper and electronic records up to date
- Using the schools Management Information Systems to update and administer student records
- Using reprographic equipment
- Preparing outgoing post and taking it to the post office
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Other administrative duties, as required
Qualifications Required and Desirable Experience:
- GCSE A* to C in English & Maths or equivalent desirable
- Some form of work experience in an office is desirable but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate (experience with Microsoft Office essential)
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Ability to establish and maintain a confidential and sensitive relationship with parents, pupils and staff
- Confidence dealing with people both in person and over the telephone
- Good team player, but also able to use own initiative.
- Able to get on with tasks without being asked and without requiring constant supervision.
- Willingness to work occasional flexible hours to help with hospitality at meetings or to minute meetings
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Eager to learn and succeed
- Motivated and driven
- Hard working
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Must be able to handle Information in a confidential manner
- Punctual and Committed
Training and Qualifications Offered:
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
- Westfield Health, Pension and CPD