Nightingale Day Nursery
Early Years Childcare
Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Apprenticeship Qualification: NVQ Level 3 Childcare – Early Years Educator or Level 2
How long does it take? 16 months/12months
Who is it with? Nightingale Nursery
Where? 123 Park Lane, Castle Donnington, DE74 2RS
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 6pm on a shift basis / 35 hour per week
Hourly Rate: £4.30ph
So, who is the Employer? Nightingale Day Nursery
The business is well established in their area and currently provides care to a number of children from a variety of areas and backgrounds, in fun and nurturing surroundings. The nursery currently employs between 10-15 staff and is led by a team of Room Leaders and Nursery Manager.
About the Role:
As an Apprentice Nursery Assistant, you will ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery. You will also give support to other personnel within the nursery and implement the daily routine in the base room.
And Day to Day?
You’ll assist in this superior quality provision of care, you will ensure regular quality assurance audits are completed, and attend regular meetings with parents and other professionals to enable us to reflect on our practice.
Remember – childcare is not a 9-5 job! It is very important that you have a passion for working with young children. The role will be lots of fun, but it is still very important to remain professional. There will be lots to learn, but don’t worry, you won’t be expected to know everything from day one. The most important thing in this role will be that you are motivated to learn and excited to engage with children on a daily basis. If you’re still reading this and want to apply, then we want to hear from you!
Duties will include:
- Helping to set up activities for the children
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
- Supporting children at mealtimes and assisting with eating and drinking
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
- Helping children to sing, read, count and join in with imaginative play
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
- Helping to plan activities and games
- Tidying away after an activity is finished
- Any other duties requested by the manager
So, what about you?
Of course, any previous childcare experience and/or relevant qualification would be great, but what is really important, is that you have a genuine interest in childcare and desire to work with young children.
You’ll need to have/be:
- Good team working skills
- Basic knowledge of health and safety
- Positive Attitude
- Basic knowledge of safeguarding
- Ideally A* – C in Maths and English
- If necessary, there will be an opportunity for undertake Functional Skills Maths & English as part of your Apprenticeship training
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.