The Farnborough Academy is an exciting place to be. The academy opened in September 2014 and officially became part of the Spencer Academies Trust in October 2018. This has enabled the academy to access tailored support to ensure improvement. We are very proud of how rapidly the quality of teaching and the behaviour of pupils have improved and we are developing an academy that the pupils can be very proud of.
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. Our successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. Our mission statement for the Trust reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly-successful network of 19 schools (8 Secondary and 11 Primary) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire:
Be responsible for the delivery of an efficient and effective administration support for the Learning Support team at The Farnborough Academy, Carry out general administration and filing as and when requested.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To respond to initial contact from families and outside agencies, signposting calls as appropriate.
- To communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals (all staff and outside agencies) in relation to SEND.
- Carry out all related administrative duties as directed by the SENCO, including taking minutes at meetings, updating pupil files, providing visual timetables and updating all records as necessary.
- Maintain an up to date register of pupils who have SEND or monitored through School Watch.
- Input data to enable effective tracking of progress.
- Support with the transition of mid-term admissions and the new intake in September.
- To support the SENCO in co-ordination of the relevant paperwork for access arrangements.
- To support the SENCO with Higher Learning Needs (HLN) funding applications and applications for Education and Health Care Plans (EHCP).
- To provide other Administrative and Reception duties throughout a busy Academy as required.
- Be aware of and comply with all Trust policies including in particular
- Health and Safety and Safeguarding.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Eager to learn and succeed
- Motivated and driven Hard working
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Punctual and Committed
- Mature approach
- Pride in their work
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications delivered:
Level 2 or 3 Business Administration
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working week and salary:
Working days: Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm
Working Hours - 37 p/w
Hourly Wage: £3.90
Weekly Wage: £144.30
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.