Just like you, we believe that caring for children means giving them the very best start in life, in every sense of the word. We understand how it feels to be a parent too, juggling work, home and friends, so we believe in being supportive and lending you a hand whenever we can, whether you need flexible childcare or simply a nursery that shares your outlook and aspirations.
We strive to make sure that the children in our care are healthy and happy, helping them grow as individuals; ensuring that they are full of confidence and curiosity, always eager to explore and discover the world around them. Every child is helped to reach their potential no matter what their starting point. You know better than anyone how it feels to see your child grasp something for the first time and the way they never fail to surprise you with their imagination, enthusiasm and insatiable appetite for life.
To assist in this superior quality of care. In addition regular quality assurance audit tools are accessed to aid the delivery of our unique service and regular meetings are held with parents and other professionals to enable us to reflect on our practice.
Remember – Childcare is not a 9-5 job. It is very important that you have a passion for working with young children. The role will be lots of fun but it is still very important to remain professional. There will be lots to learn but don’t worry you won’t be expected to know everything from day one. The most important thing in this role will be that you are motivated to learn and excited to engage with children on a daily basis. If you’re still reading this and want to apply then we want to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Helping to set up activities for the children
- Supervising the children, ensuring they’re safe at all times
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
- Supporting children at meal times and assisting with eating and drinking
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
- Helping children to read, sing, count, and join in with imaginative play
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
- Helping to plan activities and games
- Carrying out observations with qualified staff
- Tidying away after an activity is finished
- Making sure children feel safe, loved, happy and content
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Good listening skills
- Skills to help make a positive difference to the life of a child
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
- Willingness to learn
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Leve 2 or 3 Childcare Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working hours on a shift basis between, 7.30am - 5.30pm
Total hours per week: between 35.5
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £138.45
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto further qualifications. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.