Website Kingfisher Day Nurseries
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 2 Early Years Practitioner OR Level 3 Early Years Educator
How long does it take? 12 – 16 months
Who is it with? Kingfisher Day Nursery
Where? 150 Porchester Rd. Nottingham NG3 6LB
Working Hours: Monday – Friday between 7:30 – 6PM on a rota basis
Weekly Hours: 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Nursery Manager
About The Employer:
At Kingfisher Day Nursery, the quality of care will be to the highest possible standards at every stage of your child’s development, from the moment they join our baby and toddler rooms right until they graduate from our preschool room.
At Kingfisher Day Nursery Nottingham, we are part of a small group of day nurseries that are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for the families in our community!
Everything we do is based around the needs of our children, and we are committed to creating a safe and stimulating environment for children where they can explore their natural curiosities about the world as they grow into confident and unique individuals.
About the Role:
You can expect your duties and responsibilities to include:
- Helping to set up activities for the children
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
- Supporting children at mealtimes and assisting with eating and drinking
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
- Helping children to read, sing, count and join in with imaginative play
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
- Helping to plan activities and games
- Carrying out observations with qualified staff
- Tidying away after an activity is finished
- Making sure children feel safe, loved, happy and content
- Any other duties as requested by your Manager
And Day to Day?
- Provide children with a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities in line with the EYFS framework to meet the needs of the children within their age group
- Ensure observations/evaluations are regularly completed and records are kept up to date
- Operate a keyworker system and liaise with parents/carers about their child’s development and encourage them to participate in their child’s learning and development
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Competent and independent
- Positive regard for children
- Communication skills with the ability to communicate on a variety of levels
- Lots of physical energy
- An independent thinker
- Able to work off own initiative
- Be empathetic
None required, however Maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) would be beneficial
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.