Website Little Toes Day Nursery
Role: Nursery Assistant
Apprenticeship: Level 2 Children & Young People’s Workforce
Who is the Employer? Little Toes Day Nursery
Where? West Bridgford, Nottingham
Contracted hours: 40hrs/week
Hourly wage: £4.15
Brand new nursery due to open in March 2021!
Little Toes Day Nursery, is a family-run business with a passion to provide exceptional childcare within a home from home setting.
Little Toes Day Nursery started out in West Bridgford in February 2017, originally as a Creche service providing short sessional childcare for the nearby health facilities before becoming Ofsted registered in August 2017. Little Toes Clifton came later in January 2019 situated in central Clifton in the Old Police Station building with original fixtures and fittings including the old police cell!
Rated as Good by Ofsted, our nurseries offer safe, nurturing surroundings for children aged from 6 weeks through to 5 years. Inspired by the work of Anna Ephgrave’ focusing highly on the children learning through play, children take the lead in their learning in our homely settings.
With 2 new nurseries opening in Muskham and Bottesford, both will be open from 7.30am to 6pm 5 days a week and for 52 weeks each year, closed only on statutory Bank Holidays.
Nursery Apprentices are required to work in a small private day nursery environment, caring for children from 0-5 years. As an Apprentice Nursery Assistant, you will ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery. You will also give support to other personnel within the nursery and implement the daily routine in the base room.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children
- To record children’s learning and development journeys, and to then communicate these with parents, carers and other key adults
- To be actively engage in great team working
- To liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members
- To participate in the high-quality care and supervision of all children
- To attend activities that are out of working hours (e.g. staff meetings, training, and events etc.)
- To be flexible and to be prepared to help where needed (including domestic jobs e.g. preparing meals, and cleaning toys etc.)
- To follow the ethos of the nursery, creating a warm and friendly environment
- To work alongside the Nursery Owner, Nursery Manager, and staff team
- To ensure that EYFS is promoted efficiently and that its policies are followed correctly
- To ensure great customer service
- To help with the smooth running of the Nursery
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Nursery Owner/Nursery Manager.
Of course, any previous childcare experience and/or relevant qualification would be great, but what is really important, is that you have a genuine interest in childcare and desire to work with young children. You’ll also have:
- An energetic, enthusiastic approach and a willingness to learn.
- Positive attitude & communication skills.
- An ability to adapt
- Good team working skills
- Basic knowledge of health and safety
- Basic knowledge of safeguarding
- Desired Qualifications:
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications delivered:
- Level 2 Childcare
- Level 1 Functional Skills English (If required)
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Working week and salary:
- Contracted hours: 40hrs/week
- Hourly wage: £4.15
Long term position for the right person upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.