Website Phoenix Park Nursery
Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or Level 3 Early Years Educator
How long does it take? 16 months
Who is it with? Phoenix Park Day Nursery
Where? 4 Millenium Way West, Phoenix Park, Cinderhill, Nottingham, NG8 6AS
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30AM – 6:30PM
Weekly Hours: 35
Hourly Rate: £4.30ph
Reporting to: Deputy
About The Employer:
Welcome to Phoenix Park Nursery and Pre-School where we provide childcare and excellent learning opportunities for children aged between 6 weeks and 8 years of age. We are a family-run nursery situated in the Nuthall area of Nottingham that offers a home-from-home environment for our guests. Phoenix Park Nursery invites all children and parents to join our adventures and become part of our extended family. It is our aim to provide a friendly and child-centered approach to childcare and learning in a professional and stimulating environment.
Our children’s nursery is securely located within a modern building and is purpose-designed and furbished. This means we can provide a wonderful setting with high-spec finishes and all the ‘mod cons’. There is a large outdoor area that gives the children the opportunity to extend their learning in a multitude of ways; from exploring our mud kitchen to growing our own fruit and vegetables. It also means children are given time to discover their own interests and skills.
At Phoenix Park Nursery, we pride ourselves on having a premium childcare setting and offering the best childcare, learning experience, and play time for all children. Our qualified staff will always go the extra mile to make sure that the children’s creativity and imagination are fostered and embraced, capturing the magic of childhood and improving their learning through play and natural experiences.
About the Role:
As an Apprentice Nursery Assistant, you will be able to work across all rooms, from the babies to the pre-schoolers, so you will gain a variety of different skills and experiences.
You can expect your duties and responsibilities to include:
- Helping to set up activities for the children
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
- Supporting children at mealtimes and assisting with eating and drinking
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
- Helping children to read, sing, count and join in with imaginative play
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
- Helping to plan activities and games
- Carrying out observations with qualified staff
- Learning how to communicate with parents and guardians
- Tidying away after an activity is finished
- Making sure children feel safe, loved, happy and content
- Any other duties as requested by your manager
- Confident and outgoing
- Committed to working with children as a long-term career
- Able to relate to and engage with children in a way they understand
- Caring nature
- Very good timekeeping skills / punctual at all times
- Proactive and hard working
- Willing to participate in all kinds of games and activities
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Honest and reliable
- Kind and considerate
- Desirable – GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.