Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Based in Market Harborough, they pride themselves in offering the highest standard of childcare, through giving each individual child the opportunity to develop their own personality and in turn, gain confidence in preparation for their school years. Their After School and Holiday Club offer all children up to the age of 12 home from home environment so they can have lots of fun after school, while safe and well cared for by trained and experienced staff.
Castle Lane Day Nursery is a delightful day nursery, with an excellent team providing an exceptional level of care to their charges. They are offering the opportunity for a focused individual to join their staff as a Level 2 Early Years Educator Apprentice.
To work as part of a team providing a high standard of care and education, in line with Ofsted requirements, to children attending the nursery. To care for children, by ensuring they feel special and are well looked after, in a happy stimulating environment, which is safe and secure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Having a sound understanding of a child’s developmental needs and ensuring that these are met.
- Assisting with planning and implementing a wide range of activities that will encourage the child’s all round development, in a group and individual basis.
- Following planned activities and routines.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and encouraging children to do the same.
- Ensuring children are given the highest level of care at all times.
- Ensuring that the unit is run in line with the company’s Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Pro-actively involving children in group sessions.
- Maintaining good two way relationships with parents; giving verbal feedback, encouraging parental involvement, maintain a positive attitude.
- Some experience working with and engaging with children
- The ability to stay professional at all times
- Team working skills
- Communication and Listening skills
- The ability to be flexible and understanding
- Being positive and possessing a good sense of humour
- A willingness and passion to work within this sector
- Keen to learn and develop skills
- Good communicator
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 3 Early Years Educator
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working on a shift basis between the hours of 7am - 6pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Hourly Wage: £3.70
Weekly Wage: £138.75
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.