St Joseph Independent School and Nursery
Job Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 2 EYP or Level 3 EYE
How long does it take? 12-15 or 16-19 months additional 3 months for EPA
Who is it with? St Joseph’s Independent School and Nursery
Where? 33 Derby Rd, Nottingham NG1 5AW
Working Hours: Mon-Fri between 8am to 4:45 or 9:15 – 6pm
Total hours per week: 40, 5 days a week
Hourly Rate: £4.81ph
About The Employer:
At St Joseph’s we offer a Nursery education full of wonder and excitement and with so much to see and do, the children soon develop a love of learning about the world around them.
In addition to all the activities and toys available in our rooms, the boys and girls visit the school library, take part in PE, have French lessons, cook, go on walks to see some of the City’s local attractions, They even manage to squeeze in some IT! Dance lessons are also available as part of the curriculum through ‘Rattle and Roll’, a local provider and the children are regularly integrated into school life through our weekly achievement assemblies.
All Nursery rooms are Ofsted registered and fully ISI compliant. They are led by highly qualified staff and the children follow the EYFS framework. Parents are therefore reassured of a safe and stimulating environment in which their child can grow and flourish.
The Nursery is attached to the main school and welcomes all children from 1 to 5 years old. It is open 51 weeks of the year from 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday) and separated into 3 distinctive rooms – Rainbow Room, Sunflower Room and Pre Prep.
About the Role:
- To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children
- To record children’s learning and development journeys, and to then communicate these with parents, carers and other key adults
- To be actively engage in great team working
- To liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members
- To participate in the high-quality care and supervision of all children
- To attend activities that are out of working hours (e.g. staff meetings, training, and events etc.)
- To be flexible and to be prepared to help where needed (including domestic jobs e.g. preparing meals, and cleaning toys etc.)
- To follow the ethos of the nursery, creating a warm and friendly environment
- To work alongside the Nursery Manager & and staff team
- To ensure that EYFS is promoted efficiently and that its policies are followed correctly
- To ensure great customer service
- To help with the smooth running of the Nursery
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Nursery Manager
- Patience; with children, parents and colleagues
- Communication skills with the ability to communicate on a variety of levels
- Competent and independent
- Positive attitude and approach to comprehensive practice, with children and colleagues
- Interest in the care, learning and development of children
- Positive regard for children
- Lots of physical energy
- Fun and bubbly personality
- Enthusiastic personality
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above)
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.